Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But i need to get something in the next week or so . I want the body lift on before Carlisle.

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think I will try it unless someone knows of a plae with a better price for a similar kit.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
BDS Tech Support confirms it's a knock off.

As a BDS customer who appreciates their EARLY support of the platform, I can't recommend supporting an obvious and blatant knock-off copier.

YMMV.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
2,636 Posts
You could also contact Mark to see if he can put together a kit for you real quick?
I'd like to see a picture of Mark's laid out like that, so we can see how his stacks up to the competition. One observation of Mark's is that the spacers appear awfully skinny compared to what I've seen of BDS... [ponder] but maybe its just an optical illusion due to the height of the spacer. :undecided [/ponder]

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
And if you really want (or need) 3", don't let the artificial deadline of Carlisle make you compromise on height. You have to live with the vehicle a lot longer than one weekend among trailvoy friends. IMHO.

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
Early support that is not going to go any further, so maybe getting some business to the knock-off guys will make them look into more for us and develop something of there own, since BDS is not doing new development for us.

Just a thought.

I am mostly going by cost, since a body lift is stationary and if attached correctly, a basic kit is just as good. The other 5 body lifts I have had never showed a difference in the high dollar versus low dollar kits except in the bumper relocation and bumpers will be custom for me one day, so that becomes a non-issue

2 inches is fine and allows what i want, plus shows less gap and frame. I was trying to wait for mark just to support his venture, but I originally planned for the bds 2 inch.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
My thoughts:

The knock off guys have already declared their intentions by not doing any development. Buying a kit I don't think will spur them into a frenzy of work they might not be competent at doing.

But at least you're going to use it functionally so I don't have to drag out any mall stickers. :crackup: Carry on.

In the long run, Mark will offer a cheaper kit that omits the bumper brackets, besides it's cheap because Mark isn't marking it up as a corporation needs to. That's what I'm holding out for.

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Functional Yes.

Trying to get enough tire to fender clearance to run around the offroad park with some JK's and show them a TB can run with them. I know its not a Rubicon, but with the g80 it should hold its own.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Not a knock off after all. More details from higher up in BDS:

Bill:

I just wanted to address your question beyond what XXX, tech support rep. had in his email response to you. As with many companies we private label several products and we don't always tell our sales/tech staff who exactly buys what from us. We found that cuts down on the confusion in the sales department and doesn't cause the sales guys to get caught up in conversions that they don't have knowledge of. That is why [he] gave you the response he did.

To answer your question directly, we recently sold our body lift line to Zone Offroad Products. That is why you are seeing a very similar product picture...it is the same product. We made the decision to sell our body lift line to Zone Offroad to free up more time/space to focus more on our suspension lines....Zone Offroad plans to continue providing these lifts as long as they are in demand. I believe we still have a few Trailblazer/Envoy kits available in our warehouse but once they are gone Zone Offroad will be the only company carrying them.

Thank you for your inquiry and for your support of our suspension products.

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Roadie....Thanks for your effort in solving this mystery. I guess just buy.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.