Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is up with this? Everytime I leave my TB I get a shock! Is there anything I can do other than a ground-strap hanging from my vehicle to the pavement? Thanks all :)

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,708 Posts
Welcome to the site. Hang on to a metal part of the Vehicle as you are getting out.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
do you get zapped when touching the metal door? its good to get discharged especialy when you go to pump gas.
Yes I do... good point!

Welcome to the site. Hang on to a metal part of the Vehicle as you are getting out.
Would you believe when doing this I've even fealt a shock through my shoe a few times?? Crazy!

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
118 Posts
Stop wearing kinky underwear? :crackup:
:eek: That is kinky.

From my time of handling explosives in VN and hauling exotic fuels in tankers Stateside , just use the back of hand to discharge a static charge against the vehicle. Much less painful, and less jolting than the finger tips. Refineries take great pains to isolate static build-up for a reason.

Not trying to panic anybody here, just be aware.

MIKE

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
1,380 Posts
Thought provoking, however, we were talking about fluid tactile friction to real world electrical discharge and not perversion tendency activity . What were your thoughts on this ?? :undecided
Well, this would cover both the static problem and the perversion tendency, maybe he should consider ditching the sheepskin seat covers! :dielaugh:

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
118 Posts
Well, this would cover both the static problem and the perversion tendency, maybe he should consider ditching the sheepskin seat covers! :dielaugh:
OOHhhhooo.. Way to deflect. Bravo. You must know those island sheep wranglers well and they taught you the (Ins and Outs) of non-static motion so well. Good point. Will pencil this in on my real sheepskin for future notation. I much prefer the Primo fresh caught lobster, delivered by boat and personally hand picked by my good buddy, Capt. Gagne at the Port Clyde dock .

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
44 Posts
There's another thread about this somewhere. I found it during a search for said problem. I hate it. You can see quite an arc when I go to close my garage door, at least a few inches away from touching it.

I think leather seats would resolve this, but I'm not sure. My cloth seats don't help.

In the other thread, there was discussion of using a grounding strap, from the frame to the ground, but I'm not sure if that would fix it. I feel the cause is a combination of the clothes I wear and the cloth seat. Even in the short time of simply pulling out of the garage to when I close the garage door ZAAP!

I use a Weathertech floor guard thingy and it didn't make a difference after installing. I'm going to look for some anti-static type of spray I can use on the seat. Perhaps that might help, as it is quite annoying...every...single...time.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts