Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2009 chevy trailblazer_lt
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
*If this is the wrong sub-forum, sorry. I was unable to post in the Show&Shine area because it was giving me a Prefix selection error and I could not locate a prefix option. Mods feel free to move if necessary.

I waxed my new TB w/ Meguair's Cleaner Wax the second day I had it since the Dealer didnt do a very good job of cleaning it up. I ordered Zaino the following weekend since I've always wanted to try it but never had a paint job worth the effort. I clayed the entire vehicle before zaino (really didnt need it as the clay stayed fairly clean). Here are the results: I took the outside photos at roughly the same time but I think it was just slightly darker for the meguiar. However, my garage light is the same intensity day in and day out.

I've got several different Meguiar's products including the Gold Class, however I find that the cleaner wax produces the best result out of their line-up.

The Zaino seems to reflect colors much better.

Meguiar

Zaino

Meguiar

Zaino

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
3,250 Posts
Just a piece of advice, as far as taking pics....always shoot the pics with the sun behind you. Taking pics of your TB from the side in the shade doesn't give good results (too dark).

Love to see the pics w/ the sun shining on it...I'm thinking of getting the Zaino too.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,113 Posts
wat mcguires did you use here? i been using NXT 2.0

and uhhmm...where can i purchase this zanio stuff :eek:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just a piece of advice, as far as taking pics....always shoot the pics with the sun behind you. Taking pics of your TB from the side in the shade doesn't give good results (too dark).

Love to see the pics w/ the sun shining on it...I'm thinking of getting the Zaino too.
Thanks, I detailed and took the pics w/ a broken foot so It's a little harder to get around. A shop stool made short work of the wax job but pics were more difficult as I didnt want to hobble into the middle of the street. I'll have to get my sis or g/f to walk around and get some better pics tomorrow.

Irish, it was Meguiar's Cleaner Wax, I own gold class and other products from them but Cleaner is the best they have IMO

I believe Zaino can only be ordered from their website. http://www.zainostore.com/

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,614 Posts
i worked with zaino, and while the shine lasts long i find that other waxes are much better for the price... and a cleaner wax should never be compared to a pure wax like zaino, apples to apples my friend! i've spent the money for zaino, and the turtle wax ice lasts longer. i've done many multi step waxes and classic turtle wax gives a better shine. hands down though i preffer collinites, many people may not have heard of it, but it gives a far suppier finish, also lasts like 2 months at least. i use collinites products on boats, and they really are the best in the business. they may not be as easy to apply as zaino and meguiars and turtle wax but the overall outcome is breathtaking. collinite mostly makes aeronuatical and marine waxes which have to be much better than automotive waxes because they are put through much more. collinite lasts the longest on a boat and the chemical makeup of the boat wax and car wax is pretty much identical. also most good car detailers use it on high end cars... :m2::m2:

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
35 Posts
did you remove the side moldings on your TB? I was trying to figure out why it looked different...and noticed there weren't any. Your rocker panels seem to look different than what I'm used to too...are those different now in '09, or have some lineup models (1LT-3) come like that in the past (...appear not to be painted the body color?).

As far as wax goes...I always use meguiars too, and do like their cleaner wax. NXT seems to be pretty good though when you're vehicle's paint doesn't need much of a cleaning (or you've prepped it just using their paint cleaner), and it's much more durable than the gold class wax.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
did you remove the side moldings on your TB? I was trying to figure out why it looked different...and noticed there weren't any. Your rocker panels seem to look different than what I'm used to too...are those different now in '09, or have some lineup models (1LT-3) come like that in the past (...appear not to be painted the body color?).

As far as wax goes...I always use meguiars too, and do like their cleaner wax. NXT seems to be pretty good though when you're vehicle's paint doesn't need much of a cleaning (or you've prepped it just using their paint cleaner), and it's much more durable than the gold class wax.
I took the side moldings off the first day I bought it to prevent any build-up of grit at the seam, I like the look much better. As far as the rocker goes, its the same dark gray/black plastic as the tread on the top of the rear bumper.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts