Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally got the new Bilstein HD front struts installed with brand new strut mounts. I'm still getting an unwanted noise coming from both sides when I go over bumps or potholes. Installing those new parts helped alot in getting rid of the joggling around sounds coming from the front end. What other front end parts that normally crap the bed around 80,000? And are there any ways of telling what parts may be making the noise while either driving or standing still.

Lastly, tonight I noticed when I turn hard left while going slow something on the right side now makes a rubbing sound. What the heck could've changed after I did the bilsteins? Everything went together exactly like it came out.

·
Premium Member
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
481 Posts
Sounds like new swaybar endlinks and possibly new bushings are needed.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
possibly, I did just grease the fittings on the endlinks not too long ago. Maybe they need to be completely replaced along with the bushings. I'd like to do stuff like that first mainly because it's cheaper than major stuff.

Thanks for the idea.

Any more thoughts from you or anyone else???

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
gonna order the bushings and see what happens, then I guess the end links.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it did but most of the guys in the off-road forums switch out the crap oem ones for the Bilstein HD's . From what I've seen already they're WAYYYY worth it. 106.-- including shipping for the pair from shockwarehouse. It's a steal! BUY THEM!!! FROM THEM!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts