Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellow Members,

I am proud to inform you I discovered the solution to GM denying our claims to delaminating rims. Below you will find the process I performed along with links to assist you.

1 - Write a Letter to the owner of the dealership describing your struggle with GM to cover your wheels under warranty. State the date and mileage of the first occurrance. It does not matter the current mileage as long as it was documented before your warranty expired. DO NOT badmouthor threaten the dealership or its employees. Be simpathetic because you "understand they are only permitted to do what the local GM Rep tells them". Your letter must contain FACTS, you will understand why later.

2 - Search forums (like Trailvoy.com) and print threads/posts regarding similar issues. Any thing about foggy, pitted, peeling, spotting, ect.

3 - Go to this page www.gm.com/utilities/contact_us/contact.jsp?deep=faq
Make sure the answer to "What does the bumper-to-bumper warranty cover?" is visible and print the page.

4 - Print photos of the affected areas of your rims. I printed mine via an office supply store and they were able to condence the number of pages.

5 - Make enough copies to send to your Service Advisor and the Service Dept. Manager (it helps to say how helpfull they have been in assisting you in your struggle), every local TV and paper media, the Better Business Bureau, and GM (this is why your letter must contain facts). Make sure, at the end of your letter you list the additional companies/persons that will recieve copies.

6 - Package each of items 1-4 into 3 seperate bundles for the personnel at the dealership (Owner, SA, SDM) and deliver them. Do not wait around to discuss the letter with them. Put it in thier respective hands, tell them it is regarding your vehicle and for their review, your contact information is inside should they have any questions, and walk away confident and unconcerned.

Your should recieve a resolution quickly, but, be prepared to send additional packages to the Media, BBB, and GM.

After 7 months of dog and pony shows I did this. I recieved a call 20 min after leaving the dealership. They agreed to repair my wheels at thier cost and provide me with a loaner for the duration of the repair and all I had to agree to is not sending the additional packages. Regardless of the offer they present ensure you get it in writing and you will not make any promises until a written promise is recieved.

They do have the right to chose if the wheels will be repaired or replaced and by whom.

I hope this is helpfull and good luck!

:tiphat

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
714 Posts
saweet!! so its doable.. and is this at the descression of the dealership to be replaced evedently? you did a whole lot more work that i did.. but thanks for the post I will try this. I'm sure glad I'm not the only one. Did you end up useing my other posts as well for reference?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As a matter of fact yours was one I presented. (signatures removed) The replacement is up to GM, however, I don't think any dealership wants negative press, even if they are following the book.

·
Premium Member
9,559 Posts
As a matter of fact yours was one I presented. (signatures removed) The replacement is up to GM, however, I don't think any dealership wants negative press, even if they are following the book.
When I went in a few weeks ago they said they wouldnt do anything but if I gave them some cases of rims that had been fixed with a VIN they would look into it. I just left my local dealership again and gave them your VIN and they cant seem to find anything after Dec. 2008 as far as warranty repairs.

Have they done anything yet? I really would like to get my issue resolved also.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
714 Posts
to the both of you and whoever reads this who has rim issues. would you mind PMing me your VIN number? This is so I can have a legitament case when I present this come 3 weeks from now. If you need mine as a case point I have been in the dealership twice in regards to this so let me know if you need mine and I'll do the same..

Thanks

·
Premium Member
9,559 Posts
to the both of you and whoever reads this who has rim issues. would you mind PMing me your VIN number?
Thanks
I think all you need are the last digits....
Mine are 562346814

Any help would be appreciated by anyone that gets it fixed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1GNES13H372239815

They have set the appointment for the 27th. I doubt anything will show up until then. I would give you the dealerships name though I would rather wait until I get my truck back. Should be between the 11th and 15th of May. It should deffinitely show up by then.

·
Registered
714 Posts
1GNES13H372239815

They have set the appointment for the 27th. I doubt anything will show up until then. I would give you the dealerships name though I would rather wait until I get my truck back. Should be between the 11th and 15th of May. It should deffinitely show up by then.
If I would have thought about it I would have you taken some before pics. but make sure you take some after pics for sure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts