Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
769 Posts
Heffewiesen Hell is by far the best beer I've ever had (while in Germany).

As far as common beers here in America I would say Coors Light, Guiness, and Blue Moon.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,749 Posts
Oh yeah! thanx for the reminder! My Hefeweizen is empty, back to the fridge I go........:yes:

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
94 Posts
I'm going to be honest here. I really could not believe beer was better in Germany or Europe until I visited a couple of months ago. It has great taste and very smooth. It changed my mind and I can't wait to go back. I would order Wiessen. Please correct me but isn't that a type of beer not a brand.

So can you explain to me the differnce between Weissbier and hefeweissbier. Couple of people have mentioned those so arn't they a type of beer not a brand. For example I'm drinking Paulaner Hefe-Weissbier and Oberdorfer Wiessbier. What the differnce? Both taste great!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Zibby->
Actually I think it's pretty much "same sam" Weissbeir is wheat beer and that is a kind of beer, just like dark and light beer, the diffrents is that beer made at wheat looks a bit muddy, and 'normal' beer is clear, 'normal' beer is made at water, malted barley and hops (as I think you all already know...)
Wiessbeir is overrised (free translation from swedish, mayeby not even a word, but is the same procedur as an ale)

hefeweissbier will just be a trademark I guess, cause weissbeir is just weissbeir their is just one type
EDIT: beer of wheat from Belgium is called "witbier" translated two White beer, so it's same same, but diffrent depends on where it is from

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
63 Posts
Good ole Labatt Ice 5.6% (has to real cold to enjoy it), me and the boys at the office usually keep quarterly beer fest where each person brings an import 6 pack beer of choice...tasted many beers from all over the world with two countries brewing great beer Poland and Pakistan don't remember the names though...maybe at the next beer fest I won't have so many samples and track what I'm actually consuming....LOL

·
Registered
2006 buick rainier
503 Posts
A friend of mine owns a Thai restaurant and I've tried some pretty good Thai beers there. Sing Ha and Tiger are two that I remember. There was a Japanese beer too but I forgot the name.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Singa is very good actually, BUT it's not same thing to drink in Sweden as in Thailand, is best on the beach in Thailand:D, Tiger is ok I think

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle
1,504 Posts
A friend of mine owns a Thai restaurant and I've tried some pretty good Thai beers there. Sing Ha and Tiger are two that I remember. There was a Japanese beer too but I forgot the name.
kirin ichiban?
Sapporro perhaps(best Jap beer for me)? Kirin is good, so as with Asahi.
But my favorite of all would be San Miguel Beer.

San Miguel Pale Pilsen, the brewery's best-selling beer and the 14th largest-selling beer in the world.

·
Registered
2006 buick rainier
503 Posts
Yeah I'm pretty sure it was Sapporo. I think Sing Ha is my overall favorite. He said that they were trying to get some beer from Laos (they're actually Loatian) that is supposed to be very good, but it's hard to get for some reason. I think it was called Beer Lao or something.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
510 Posts
well, im a college student, so we tend to consume beer very often. my choice is good old Natty Light!! yummmm!!

heres me in front of our beer display at Preakness.. its not natty light but it fits in w the thread.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
605 Posts
Well, I guess it's time for me to chime in too, as I LOVE BEER!!! Believe it or not, Budweiser is my hands down favorite...I will pretty much drink ANY kind of beer, as long as it's ice cold, though!!! In fact, this thread is making me very thirsty, and I must dash to the fridge for another cold BUD....AAAAAHHHHHHHHH.....:D:yes: P.S:I haven't really checked, but do we have any "drinking smileys" yet??? Not the puking type, either!

·
Registered
2007 chevy
20 Posts
So many beers, so little time... My fav's in no particular order:

Yuengling Lager from the Commonwealth of PA
Sierra Nevada - about any of them, but the Big Foot and Pale Ale are awesome
Kalamazoo Brewing - Bells Pale Ale and Porter plus Two Hearted Ale
Anchor Steam
Bluegrass Brewing Company - the pale ale and porter
Shiner Bock
Smithwicks from our friends at Guinness