Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just came home from the Swedish "Systembolaget", Systembolaget have a monopol to sell everything with alcohol over volym percent of 3.5%, is not possible to buy (legall) in any other shops in Sweden.
Systembolaget (the government is the owner) got this monopoly for, as they call it, "for the habbitants saftey and to have controll over whos buying", You have to be 20 years to buy there (but it´s 18 at pubs and nightclubs).

Anyway, the only good side of this monopoly is that the range is very very wide, you can order any beer, wine, liqoure from all over the world there. The range is outstanding.

Anyway (again) I guess the Budweiser (foregin czech beer, now american beer) is the most popular in US? I worked for Carlsberg for some years agon, and under our education in beer, he always tell us the same story "what is the similarity to making love in a canoe and drinking a budweiser?? It's F*cking close to water" and he always laughing high to that. I actually like Budweiser as a summer beer (very easy to drink) but in Sweden we got about 50 own marks of beer, denmark got kind of same, and germany to... So the US/czech (just that czech) beer is not high in top.

The boss at Carlsberg told us that Budweiser and miller is the most sold beer of two reason:
1. America is BIG
2. Americans is patriots
3. Import beer is very expensive

is that kind of true? tell me what beer you prefer!

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
94 Posts
Miller or Millerlite (Favortie everyday beer)
Amberboc or any Bells (Good once in a while)

And after visitng Germany on business Any brand of Weissbier is good. When I get back to the USA I will try to buy that.

I'm in Japan right now. All the beer tastes the same...bad. I buy Weissbier from the import store for about $3/can. I know it's crazy...because I bought the same can for 60euro in Germany.

·
Registered
2009 chevy
3,344 Posts
BTW the Fosters you blokes drink is made in Canada, not Austraila. It's much better than the piss that we have for good beer try a VB, XXXX, Tooohees New, there all good stuff!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
94 Posts
BTW the Fosters you blokes drink is made in Canada, not Austraila. It's much better than the piss that we have for good beer try a VB, XXXX, Tooohees New, there all good stuff!:thumbsup:
XXXX is good!

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
29 Posts
Hands down favorite is Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.
The Czech Budweiser actually isn't bad; I like it.
On the beach, real hot day, an ice cold can of Schlitz can be a wonderful beverage.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt_xl
411 Posts
I don't suppose I can let myself ignore a beer thread, living in Wisconsin and all. (I mean hell... in this state, if you haven't ingested beer in some form or another during the day, there's something seriously wrong!)

For everyday, parties, powerdrinking ect... I'm a big fan of Miller Lite

If I actually want to taste my beer as it goes down, I usually go for a Leinenkugel's they're brewed here in the Chippewa Valley (and technically by Miller now too) and they make a bunch of craft beers... Honey Weiss, Berry Weiss, Sunset Wheat, Summer Shandy, Apple Spice... all very tasty beers.

I'm also a big fan of "Spotted Cow" brewed by New Glarus or Blue Moon.

·
Registered
2007 chevy
24 Posts
Yuengling People outside of the northeast may not know it. Pronounced YingLing. Give it a try sometime. Good stuff. Second from that would probably be miller lite

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm going to have to go with Yuengling Lager. If you haven't tried it get some! It's made by the oldest American brewery.

My all time favortie beer is Chimay grande reserve. It's brew by trappist monks and is actually considered a barley wine as opposed to a beer, but it is amazing.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
corona and bud light isent beer :laugh:

Miller lite, is not the same as just miller right? I saw it today, but I dident think about how it looks

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,046 Posts
Daily drinker is Bud Lite (prefer Mich Ultra but can't get in 1/4 barrels)
Great Lakes in Cleveland makes a Dortmunder Ale that is very good.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts