Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am losing my @#$&%@$ mind over this...

I have a 2005 Envoy SLT with the I-6 mill. My engine happened to be the 1-in-a-million with a problem and I spun a bearing (and so threw a rod) at about 60,000 miles.

I paid a boatload of cash for a replacement engine with about 30,000 miles on it (from a wrecker) and had it installed by the dealer (they felt bad and did it for cost....)

Since then there have been a couple of problems that are completely understandable: I replaced the AIR check valve, and the dealer changed the front oil seal.

BUT....

There has been a constant problem that I can't wrap my head around. I am getting the all-too-common TPS voltage correlation DTC codes, but only getting them when it's wet out.

It may be a coincidence, but the first time the lights tripped was about 3-4 months ago when I was in one of the "touchless" car washes - I had treated myself to the full meal deal and had high pressure water spraying from everywhere, including underneath.... The DTC codes set and the reduced power light came on while I was in the wash, and followed the usual pattern of resetting upon a successful restart of the engine.

These @#$&%@$ codes are being set all the time now, but ONLY when it's wet outside. It doesn't seem to matter if I've been driving or the vehicle has been sitting, or if it's raining or just recently rained... The common thing is that the "air" feels wet and heavy - and this causes the SES/REP cycle.

I checked connectors and so on for the obvious and didn't find anything.

I thought I had it licked the other day when I pulled off the air box and found that the throttle body was pretty dirty and that the throttle plate would stick closed if you pushed on it. I cleaned up the gunk, the throttle plate was free, and I drove for a few days without a hint of trouble. The next time it rained, though, well, you know.... (@#$% !!!)

I know that this topic has been beaten to death, but there has to be *something* that's causing this problem (that seems to be common to a lot of GMC products out there).

In short:

- Engine change, small problems fixed
- Car wash - SES/REP - codes 2135, 2138 (and other... 1604?) set
- Intermittent 2135/2138 (and 1604? can't remember) codes since - but only when it's wet outside - summer or winter: Doesn't matter.

AAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! :mad:

Cheers!

Gary

1 - 1 of 1 Posts