Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xl
5,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well with the year coming to an end, I've been doing some evaluation on:

1. chapter members activity on the site: I have had a few members with 3 months of inactivity, had to boot them. unless their in the military, the rules clearly state they must stay active on the site.

2. making some state rep changes: I have 1 rep that falls under #1 ^. I have another rep who is kind of active but not vocal in his state and / or doing anything to keep his members interested. he had 1 meet this year in his state 90% handled and / or organized by another member. poor job...:m2:

3.members who attended meets: we decided to extend the 1 meet this year to include next year also. sort of lost track of who did and who didn't, and hate to boot those who did try but couldn't make it. next year we draw the line.

:grouphug:...you guys have done a great job at running your chapters and we had a very good year, hope 2010 is better for all of us and we all grow bigger and better....:hail:

comments, opinions, anything to add?

·
Western Canada Chapter
6,411 Posts
Great stuff Ed

Appreciate your help and total commitment to the Chapter stuff and especially your complete support with trying to get Western Canada involved :thumbsup:

(Especially when I boot guys and I say to pm Big Ed if you have a problem):D

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
Im going to have to go through and PM members that arent active enough, I know a bunch of them are going to break the meet rule though. Maybe Ill give them our upcoming meet next Sat and one more in Jan/Feb before I boot them.

·
Banned
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xl
5,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im going to have to go through and PM members that arent active enough, I know a bunch of them are going to break the meet rule though. Maybe Ill give them our upcoming meet next Sat and one more in Jan/Feb before I boot them.
cool, its your show, you do what you feel is best, I also hate to boot guys but every one knows what is expected of them when they join. good thing they have another chance...:thumbsup:

I will agree with that. Ed, you've been the most committed to all of this chapter business. Thank you:thumbsup:
no problem man, I enjoy doing it...:yes:

I also have something I want to get you guys opinion on, I've been sort of breaking the rules about toyblaze. he is the MO rep, he lost his TB in a divorce at the beginning of the summer and hasn't been able to get another TV. I've kept him as a rep out of sympaty but feel its not fair that he's a rep but doesn't have a TV. what do you think about this? time to follow the rules or give him more time?

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
A little bird (and a thread on my other site) says he's days away from getting his wife a car more of her liking, and getting the TB back. Recommend PM'ing him and asking how his progress is. I think he's imminently going to be back in the saddle, and I'd cut him a lot of slack for having the most AUDACIOUS meet ever that had attendees drive the most aggregate mileage EVER (outside Carlisle, perhaps) to be there. Certainly AlekG and I drove farther to MORA than anyone else ever invested in.

·
Banned
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xl
5,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A little bird (and a thread on my other site) says he's days away from getting his wife a car more of her liking, and getting the TB back. Recommend PM'ing him and asking how his progress is. I think he's imminently going to be back in the saddle, and I'd cut him a lot of slack for having the most AUDACIOUS meet ever that had attendees drive the most aggregate mileage EVER (outside Carlisle, perhaps) to be there. Certainly AlekG and I drove farther to MORA than anyone else ever invested in.
great news, the meet is a thing of the past and I hold no hard feelings about that at all. I just want to be as fair as possible to all members, and will now just wait for him to get things together.
thx bill...:thumbsup:

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
Ed, Id get a status update on toyblaze then come up with a timeline for when he has to be fully active again otherwise you'll have to ask another member to replace him as rep.

I wish there were more people around the NW that were active, I need reps for all but 1 of my states (and even my WA rep sold his TB a few months ago, but he never considered himself a rep anyway because I asked him then found out the next week he was selling his TB).

·
South Chapter
4,487 Posts
Thanks for all your hard work in getting all the chapters set up :tiphat

I've been slowly going through all my members and seeing who has met the requirements. Like you said, you hate to give people the boot, but....

My only wish for the new year is that I can get more people involved in meets. We'll see what the new year brings. I do have to say that my VP is tops, as well as the work my reps have done for setting up meets in their states as well :tiphat

Thanks again Ed!!:thumbsup:

·
Northeast Chapter
1,502 Posts
Well, my chapter had a hiccup;) there a couple of months ago. But, we have moved on, I think. It is winter, so meets and activity for the common folk seems slightly low, but I have talked to a couple of my Chapter guys that said they're down to meet up in the spring, but not gonna bring their trucks out in the snow, and what not. Which is completely understandable. I went through and sent everyone in my chapter a visitor message asking if they were alive, etc. I think I really have 7-10 active members, out of 20 something attached, and 2 with requests to join that still haven't met the requirements. The previous President let a few guys join the chapter even though they hadn't met ANY of the requirements, but I guess that was his style. Not gonna boot them, yet. It's coming though, unless I hear back from them.

Thanks again Ed for giving me a shot in the NE and anyone else that was backing me when the shenanigans went down. Actually, wifey wants an SS now with a chapter sticker that says "first lady"....:weird::crazy:

·
Banned
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
7,255 Posts
I have quite the mess to deal with myself. I am going to extend the meet requirements, as I am not sure about all attendees for the past year and there is no record. But I will be enforcing the other requirements. It is a common courtesy to participate in the chapter you belong to.

Big up to Ed for letting me step up and take of the MAC.

·
West Chapter
2005 gmc envoy_denali_xl
3,398 Posts
I agree, everyone has done a great job with the chapters, I too have to go through my members and evaluate their activity, so I can send the proper pm's. I don't want to boot anyone without ample notification, but overall everyone has been good and hopefully the West can get our big Havasu meet going, which if it goes extremely well, then that will probably be our Carlisle :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts