Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of our XUV owners changed their shocks out? I wanted to get Bilstein HD front and back. The following numbers used to be assigned on the shockwarehouse online catalog For '04 XUV 4WD. (as for Trailblazer)

front: FR4-BE5-A333-HO
rear air suspension: FR4-BE5-A334-HO (mine is air suspension)
Rear coil spring suspension:FR4-BE5-A335-HO

Bilstein reports to shockwarehouse that they don't have anything for my ride.
:( suggested Monroe Sensatrac... The Sensatrac part numbers listed for my XUV are the same numbers for the TB.:duh:

Would I be OK just getting the Bilstein HDs listed for the '04 TB? Any suggestion for an alternative? I have SMAXX 1.75" spacers to level out the front and I'd hate to just set them on top of the factory Bilstein shocks (45,000 miles on them)

Scott

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
Get the Bilstein HDs, doesnt matter I6/5.3 SWB/LWB/XUV, all the shocks are the same up front and in the rear there are a air and non-air ones. Thats it, you could even put them on an SS but that'd be dumb because the SS shocks are better than the HDs...I was skeptical but after driving my SS I wish I would have used SS Bilsteins instead of the HDs I bought for my lowered 02. For your stock height the HDs are what you want, but to lowered guys use the SS Bilsteins.

·
Registered
2009 chevy
6,431 Posts
Crawl under and take a look-see, as far as I know, all Envoys come with Bilstein shocks.
Yours may need replacing, but they should be Bilstein HDs

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
Crawl under and take a look-see, as far as I know, all Envoys come with Bilstein shocks.
Yours may need replacing, but they should be Bilstein HDs
No TB/Voy comes with Bilstein HDs, just regular Bilsteins.

But with 45k I would just order a set from the site vendor and get free shipping using the discount code, last I checked it was $60 a shock so $240 for all. Thats how much I paid in Dec 06 for mine.

·
Registered
chevy
165 Posts
Bilsteins on XUV

I posted back to yoru other post as well, but after talking to Bilstein they identified an error and told our technical folks those parts will fit your 04 XUV.
So you can use your discount code tailvoy10 and save 10% when ordering with us.

thanks.

Have any of our XUV owners changed their shocks out? I wanted to get Bilstein HD front and back. The following numbers used to be assigned on the shockwarehouse online catalog For '04 XUV 4WD. (as for Trailblazer)

front: FR4-BE5-A333-HO
rear air suspension: FR4-BE5-A334-HO (mine is air suspension)
Rear coil spring suspension:FR4-BE5-A335-HO

Bilstein reports to shockwarehouse that they don't have anything for my ride.
:( suggested Monroe Sensatrac... The Sensatrac part numbers listed for my XUV are the same numbers for the TB.:duh:

Would I be OK just getting the Bilstein HDs listed for the '04 TB? Any suggestion for an alternative? I have SMAXX 1.75" spacers to level out the front and I'd hate to just set them on top of the factory Bilstein shocks (45,000 miles on them)

Scott

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got my Bilstein HDs installed all the way around. Does ride stiffer but that is what I wanted. Got a great deal on the shocks from shockwarehouse!:thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts