Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys & Gals,

I have a 04’ XUV and the back cargo area has some pretty good scratches in it from the previous owner. Is there any way I can get these out or apply some process to get them to blend in so they are not so noticeable.

For those of you that don’t drive an XUV the rear cargo area is not carpeted and it is water proof. You could hose it out if you want and it would be ok. The sides are plastic just like in the other TV models but the floor, midgate, and tail gate are sort of like Rhino Liner (not officially but similar), the scratches look white in both the plastic and in the Rhino Liner and are very ugly.

I know this is petty and the rear cargo area is made to be used as a truck bed but I want to improve the appearance. Can they be buffed out? Can it be heated with a heat gun until soft and use a sponge or something to texture it back in? Filler-not likely?, I have heard if guys that repair cracks in vinyl, in dashes and in interiors, how do they do it? I don’t think I want to paint it, looking for other options. :crazy:

Griff

·
Banned
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
451 Posts
Hi Guys & Gals,

I have a 04’ XUV and the back cargo area has some pretty good scratches in it do they do it? I don’t think I want to paint it, looking for other options. :crazy:

Griff

Heres my ideas:
spray maguires interior cleaner all over every thing except the glass in the cargo area, clean it as good as possible it will look nice.

cover the floor with a catch all bed liner carpet they work great particularily for dogs (thats how most of my small scratches happened..the dog sliding around without the carpet)

buy every friggen GM XUV accessory that was ever sold for the truck on ebay and install them in the cargo area. you will not even see the floor!

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
516 Posts
im not sure how to fix it, mine is scratched a bit due to some use, but it doesnt bother me as much...buy the oem carpet that goes there and remove it everytime u have to wash out the back..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.