Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it looks like the XUV is back in for surgery. :worried: I do have the extended warranty as well. This time its the 4wd system. It looks like the transfercase is shot, since it doesnt engage into 4wd. I did all test and it all indicates a bad TC.

Carmax said that if it is the TC, the insurance company may want to inspect the truck. :eek: He said that are willing to work with me and if i want to, release the car back to me so i can remove the lift, and put the smaller tires back on. Which sounds like a good idea, but its a ton of work at my end, but still a heck of a lot cheaper than a new TC.

They said that with the lift and tires they "might" deny the claim, which i could always dispute, but it would be a drawn out process. I know the magson moss warranty act protects me, so they would have to prove that the lift and tires killed the TC, which i dont think is possible!

So my options are:

-keep as is, and possibly fight with the magson moss warranty act if they give me trouble.

-Remove the lift, return to stock height, put my original tires back on (basically i have to dismount all 4 tires and rebalance) and remove the wheel spacers.

Any ideas on which route to take?

Frank

· Banned
2004 gmc
26,436 Posts
The way insurance companies are, they may DARE you to fight them, and deny you even if they can't justify it. You'll run out of money before they will, unless they're one of the hordes of sleazy ones, in which case they'll go bankrupt and close shop before you prevail in court.

I'd take the mods off, get your new TC, and hope they don't try to deny you because of the Herculiner. ;)

Sometimes the best/fastest payoff comes from NOT fully exercising ones rights.

· Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
2,629 Posts
Just as an alternative... if they decline your claim... I just searched a parts-yard database and the NVG 226 sells for a max of about $600, and a minimum of about $300. Those prices are local to me, and there were tons of hits.

Search yourself at partshotlines.com. :cool:

· Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It looks like its the actuator not fully engaging! So it shouldnt be a major fix, thus not requiring an insurance rep. This is great news, hopefully my 4wd will be up and running in no time!!

If it does need a rep visit, i'll just take the lift out to play it safe!!

Frank

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.