Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just joined the site and Im trying to install an XM satelite radio in my 03 trailblazer. I need to disconnect the antenna from the back of my radio...but i cant. Is there a connection else where or will I need to buy a new adapter from XM. I currently have the FM direct connect type if that helps.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,574 Posts
That should work. I have an aftermarket radio with one of those and it works great. When your trying to pull it out try twisting it to to help it come out. It should pop straight out.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
278 Posts
Slightly off topic.

I'm trying to hard wire my Satellite Radio's power wire. My first radio ran on 12v, so no problem. my new one is 5v dc. What do you call the converter / adapter that i need, and were can i find one. G oogle was no help.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
497 Posts
Slightly off topic.

I'm trying to hard wire my Satellite Radio's power wire. My first radio ran on 12v, so no problem. my new one is 5v dc. What do you call the converter / adapter that i need, and were can i find one. G oogle was no help.
either take apart the factory cigarette lighter adapter and solder it in, or buy a female cigarette lighter and wire that in behind the dash (that's what I did).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.