Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_slt
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '08 Envoy SLT and when I purchased it the dealer said it didn't have XM, and I noticed it doesn't display XM when I cycle through the band button. However, I installed an adapter so that I can play my Ipod through the radio and now when I cycle through the bands, it has XM1 and XM2. Is it possible that I have XM in the vehicle. If so, how do I activate it or know if it even exists. It seems to have the fin antennae on the roof but I don't know if that is just for onstar or what. Any help would be great.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
161 Posts
I have an '08 Envoy SLT and when I purchased it the dealer said it didn't have XM, and I noticed it doesn't display XM when I cycle through the band button. However, I installed an adapter so that I can play my Ipod through the radio and now when I cycle through the bands, it has XM1 and XM2. Is it possible that I have XM in the vehicle. If so, how do I activate it or know if it even exists. It seems to have the fin antennae on the roof but I don't know if that is just for onstar or what. Any help would be great.

Thanks.
Do you have OnStar? XM and OnStar each have their own antennae.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
201 Posts
Someone else will chime in, but I think in 08 XM was standard in all 360's.

in 06 and 07 a lot were built with a sunroof and XM as a sun and sound package.

When in XM 1 and 2 change the stations, look for the radio ID, preview, and emergency channels.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt
159 Posts
Do you have OnStar? XM and OnStar each have their own antennae.
That's only true until 2006, when GM went to the shark fin. There are two models of the shark fin, however: the XM/OnStar version and the OnStar only version. You can verify which model you have by pulling down the headliner on the driver's side. If you have 3 wires - black, blue and mustard - you have the XM/OnStar version. If you only have black and blue, you have the OnStar only version.

You can also verify that you have XM by pulling the black panel on the bottom of the glove box down. The XM tuner is mounted on that panel.

See this thread for details: http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=55255.

Some iPod adapters emulate the XM tuner (generally for text) -- that may be why XM now shows up. Other adapters emulate a CD changer. Which adapter are you using?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts