Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Banned
2005 gmc envoy_sle
3,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i got the 4 inch drop {shocks and springs} for the rear of my voy and put them on....looks great.....I got the djm upper control arms and belltech 2inch drop struts for the front,had them put on and it didnt do a frickin thing...the damn truck still has the nose in the air and looks retarded......whats the point of "drop struts" when they dont drop anything!!Needless to say im beyond pissedoff.:hissy:

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
no new springs up front? just struts?

drop struts are made for shorter springs different valving inside

·
Banned
2005 gmc envoy_sle
3,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
did you adjust the plate on the strut for 2 inches lower?? or did you just put them on without adjusting them?
adjust the plate??? the struts came with a set of like collars that you can adjust with,,,using all the collars=2inch raise and not using any "collars"= 2 inch drop...i didnt use any of them.

·
Banned
2005 gmc envoy_sle
3,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no new springs up front? just struts?

drop struts are made for shorter springs different valving inside
i just used the drop struts,,i figured drop struts meant exactly that,,drop stuts not same stuts and must use shorter aprings.....if i had known that i wouldnt of boutgh the struts i just woulda got 2"drop springs.

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
So i got the 4 inch drop {shocks and springs} for the rear of my voy and put them on....looks great.....I got the djm upper control arms and belltech 2inch drop struts for the front,had them put on and it didnt do a frickin thing...the damn truck still has the nose in the air and looks retarded......whats the point of "drop struts" when they dont drop anything!!Needless to say im beyond pissedoff.:hissy:
I though the 4" drop in the rear is not compatible with the 4x4.......what brand did you go with......jayd would love to see pics.....would like to help you but

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
the new belltech kits come with the drop struts instead of the drop springs now..

which way did you put the collar on (big silver piece)

·
Banned
2005 gmc envoy_sle
3,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the new belltech kits come with the drop struts instead of the drop springs now..

which way did you put the collar on (big silver piece)

yep those are the struts i have and i didnt use any of the collars...the directions said no collars=2inch drop..and the big silver piece with the "sleeve" faces up into the spring.

·
Banned
2005 gmc envoy_sle
3,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I though the 4" drop in the rear is not compatible with the 4x4.......what brand did you go with......jayd would love to see pics.....would like to help you but
i got the djm kit,,the rear springs and shocks bolted right up...their not supposed to with 4x4????

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
i got the djm kit,,the rear springs and shocks bolted right up...their not supposed to with 4x4????
well...reading other threads they were saying that something will snap due to or break due to the stress load factor......I'm confused.......but if it does work you brought "the light" to the 4x4s..........

·
Banned
2005 gmc envoy_sle
3,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i just ran out and checked,,the installer put the big silver peice with the sleeve down,,meaning the plate is up towards the spring.

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
flip that piece around and there is your 2 inch drop.. The installer put it on so its still at factory height

and the rear suspension doesnt mean jack if its 2wd or 4wd.. just the front

·
Banned
2005 gmc envoy_sle
3,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well...reading other threads they were saying that something will snap due to or break due to the stress load factor......I'm confused.......but if it does work you brought "the light" to the 4x4s..........
ok now im kinda worried to drive my truck!,,what will break and why???is it to low?

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
416 Posts
From what I've read the DJM front doesn't work on a 4x4 or AWD, the rear will. It's the front coil over/shock mount relocation bracket that won't work on the 4x4/AWD's.

And as for the Bellteck drop coil overs/struts.....Yeah, you should have used somthing from the extra parts....collars, spacers.

Check w/ Tony/NORCAL06SS at that other site. Hell give you the facts!

Then let me know how you like the ride. I'm 2wd and used the DJM 2/4 witch kept the stock front coil overs/struts and it's too bouncy for my taste. Was going to drop big bucks on KBEE coil overs. But if the Belltech's ride on yours is smooth, I'll go that route.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
416 Posts
Oh and no matter what you still needed the DJM upper arms that came w/the kit. The arms keep the ball joint angle correct for propper alignment and the drop struts bring you down.

·
Banned
2005 gmc envoy_sle
3,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
flip that piece around and there is your 2 inch drop.. The installer put it on so its still at factory height

and the rear suspension doesnt mean jack if its 2wd or 4wd.. just the front
so its ok to drive my truck like that??,,hearing my truck will break something cause the rear uses that 4inch drop has me worried

·
Banned
2005 gmc envoy_sle
3,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
mines been dropped 4 inches for almost a year... no problems
im trying to upload a pic of my strut so i know we are talking about the same thing...did use the struts to drop yours?? if so do you have a pic?

·
Banned
2005 gmc envoy_sle
3,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I used the Belltech springs up front.. with the DJM bumpstops and still on the factory struts and A-arms
well heres what i have,,,so your saying that "silver peice" is upside down?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts