Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Banned
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
888 Posts
Seems alot more promising than the electric turbo.

However some of the logic is flawed. He rated the eaton blower at about 158k miles of use. WIth the electric motors he rated it at 4mil miles. My thing is you only removed the pulley drive, so the rotors are still being turned by a gear system which requires oil, and is limited mainly by bearing capacity. He didnt change the blower much only what drives the blower.

Another thing is that with the roots blower as with any blower is that the engine will control most of the boost output mainly by rpm. With the blower constantly being battered by the 10k rpm motors you will shorten the life of the gear drive system. Also since there is no boost controler you have no way of telling the engine how much boost your enigine should be receiving. Even with the blow of valve, you wont bleed pressure until you put pressure back into the system, so your enigne must accept all boost being put out.

I will give him alot of credit this a very inovative way to drive a blower, however it needs alot of tweaking to make it so it can work with different engines.

Another thing is the 24v thing, very few cars run at this voltage, and these motors will draw alot of current, so a voltage regulator, high output alternator, a voltage converter or a combination of these would help out.

I worked with all types of forced induction systems for over 3 years, we had guys running cars with pulleys over 2" smaller than stock making more than 10-20lbs of boost they where from the factory and had very few failures. keep in mind these are drag racers as well. We had some DD guys running 18lbs of boost out of a eaton roots for over 100k miles.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts