Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
since its going to be so nice out tomorrow 85 in philly area, i thought id start doin work on my TB! Im takin my stock rims and painting them flat black. and with much thanks to justblazin im replacing my headlight with the ones im buying off him tonight. Its a small start but a start non the less. i will post pics....if it looks good.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
2,079 Posts
since its going to be so nice out tomorrow 85 in philly area, i thought id start doin work on my TB! Im takin my stock rims and painting them flat black. and with much thanks to justblazin im replacing my headlight with the ones im buying off him tonight. Its a small start but a start non the less. i will post pics....if it looks good.
I will see you at 4:00pm

P.S. - I am bringing the TBSS tonight... Not the GTP

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt_xl
72 Posts
I have stock gmc envoy rims as well. What kind of paint are you going to use?

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have stock gmc envoy rims as well. What kind of paint are you going to use?
im not really sure, one of my friends is givin me a hand. i know he used grill paint. hes had his done that way for 2 years, looks great still. no chips or nothin. im figuring im using that. while im at his shop im gonna have him mess around with my stereo and run some new wires n tighten things up. oh and ill have pics of my amp that i want to sell as well.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You going to tint those windows?
yea thats my next step! tint debadge and black front grill. if anyone knows where to get one or has one.

i have to get the windows tinted befor i paint the whole thing flat black or it would just look stupid! worse then it does now w/o tint!

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
1,380 Posts
heres some pics. i cant figure out how to get pics into my profile though. any help would be great. thanks
You can upload pics the your "my gallery" section by clicking on "my links" then clicking "my gallery" and choosing the pics you want to upload. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Did you find out what paint you used? :)
yea it was grill paint from home depot. used 5 cans total. sounds cheap i know but like i said my friend used it on his rims a couple years ago and has had no prob with chipping or cracking. he scraped a curb n had to touch that up but thats it.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt_xl
72 Posts
Looks good! Im gonna paint my rims black as well! let me go to home depot and find this grill paint you speak of =] :suicide:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts