Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched to no success. Can someone tell me how to take out the woodgrain pieces in my envoy? I am talking about the pieces on the door as well the center counsel where the cup holders are.

:thx

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle
129 Posts
Be careful of the center console. The woodgrain part is plastic welded to the base of the console. If you took the console all the way out, you could cut the welds, but I do not know how to re-affix them afterwards.

ct_mike

·
Banned
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xl
5,903 Posts
the front doors have 2 bolts. 1 you can see the hole, the other you'll see after popping off the panel over the window switches, then door has only has push pins holding it. the center console has 3, 1 under the front cup holder, then remove 6 screws from the console center stash spot, once its out, the other 2 are under there on each side. thats it, lift the console up partially disconnect the 2 plugs and she'll come out. (put the truck, not running, in drive) the help on lifting it out)

you can call me, if you need to bro.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I might have to wait and do this tomorrow. :duh: it seems like a lot of work for those stupid things. glad i am only doing it once.:hissy: And I am going to call in a few.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I got smart today!!! Rather than taking off the door panels what else could I do to paint the woodgrain trim? I can tape.:duh: The first one i tried plastic paint. That didnt work out so well. I will post pics later. I really like the look so far. Hopefully no alligators come:nono:........

Alligators showed up. Damn. I think it is because of the heat. OH Well. stuff happens.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I thought about taping it off too...but then I thought about overspray. Did you add the chrome handles?
Handles are still the same. I have a tiny line on the driver side and the passenger one is kind of messed up. Oh well...I will try to sand it down again some other time. White is still better than woodgrain in my opinion.

·
Banned
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xl
5,903 Posts
There is actually a film on the woodgrain which causes it to happen. This is frustrating stuff. I probably need to redo my passenger one for sure.
yeah, very frustrating. its been 4 weeks since I started, 2 weeks on the door trim alone. last 2 engine pieces drying .....finally done.

·
Banned
2005 gmc envoy_sle
3,253 Posts
Be careful of the center console. The woodgrain part is plastic welded to the base of the console. If you took the console all the way out, you could cut the welds, but I do not know how to re-affix them afterwards.

ct_mike
i already told him this 2 days ago,,,SOME PEOPLE {LANCE} DONT LISTEN {LANCE}!:raspberry:raspberry:raspberry

yeah, very frustrating. its been 4 weeks since I started, 2 weeks on the door trim alone. last 2 engine pieces drying .....finally done.
ROOKIE!:raspberry:raspberry

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
4,074 Posts
Handles are still the same. I have a tiny line on the driver side and the passenger one is kind of messed up. Oh well...I will try to sand it down again some other time. White is still better than woodgrain in my opinion.

I was asking....did the handles come stock chromed?? :D
Wood grain is :weird:...IMO
I think you should do JayD's marble technique on the white with red?

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
1,294 Posts
I am glad my dad is a safety guy and knows all about chemicals. I was able to take the paint off along with the film so I can redo the center piece and a couple trim pieces. The chemicals are super strong and are making me go :crazy:

Time to get back to work. I will post pics later.

Well I thought about taping it off too...but then I thought about overspray.
Overspray adds character:crackup:

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well, here are some thus far. It's turning out better now. Although this one has a line on it, I am not going to redo this one. At least they are small pieces and when it comes time to the rest.:D

Lol...the last pic is so small

Attachments

1 - 20 of 32 Posts