Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Had my new matching blackwood steering wheel installed last week..also found a leather center console lid lid ive been looking for..hated the hard plastic oem cover..saw some pics online of the new style leather lid which is much nicer...i cant stop buying stuff for this thing!! ive been pondering on trading in my TB for a new style Tahoe, but getting rid of my baby has proved tough so far..not sure why but everytime i see a new Tahoe i want one..think they are so sharp..but then i get home and look @ my TB and my tahoe thoughts go away!! just cant give er up that easy yet..anyhow..headed out now to get pics...let me know what yuns all think..have a good one!!

Attachments

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL..well im new to this..its all i can do to search the web let alone add pics to threads..but i got em posted under my gallery now...ill see if i can figure it out..

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
3 Posts
Perfect exactly that I I plan to do but with TAN enterior , what is the part no. for the hande did you use ? and have you find any diffeculty in fixing ?

Perfect :excited:

·
Southeast Chapter
2004 buick rainier
5,864 Posts
wow that looks great; whre did you have install the wheel and how much; also i see you are in PA have you seen the Carlisle meet thread? for the meet in Carlisle PA on Aug 7-9? pretty much the biggest meet of the year, you should try and make it out but you need to get regesterd quick because the registration fee is going up soon

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Perfect exactly that I I plan to do but with TAN enterior , what is the part no. for the hande did you use ? and have you find any diffeculty in fixing ?

Perfect :excited:
the shift handle is factory equipment on the rainier..a really close match for my interior..sorry no prt number..i have really enjoyed doing my interior..only prob i had was with the center console..i had to break the factory plastic snaps on the cup holder surround piece..i had oemdash.com do my interior, which is all your factory interior pieces you send them to customize..much better than cheap stick dashes..

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
wow that looks great; whre did you have install the wheel and how much; also i see you are in PA have you seen the Carlisle meet thread? for the meet in Carlisle PA on Aug 7-9? pretty much the biggest meet of the year, you should try and make it out but you need to get regesterd quick because the registration fee is going up soon
i bought the wheel from oemdash.com..had local dealer install for about $100..no i havent saw the carlise meet thread..aug is pretty busy for me..planning our wedding and hectic at work..id love to attend a meet sometime thoug..go to carlise car shows as often as i can..love their GM national car show..havent made it to the vette or truck show yet..thanks for looking!!:D

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
100 Posts
i think what u have down with the woodgrain addition is beautiful!! it exactly what i want to do with my TB but i just dont know where to look. U think u could help me out a lil'? Thanks

p.s. i wouldnt get rid of my TB either!!!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i think what u have down with the woodgrain addition is beautiful!! it exactly what i want to do with my TB but i just dont know where to look. U think u could help me out a lil'? Thanks

p.s. i wouldnt get rid of my TB either!!!
Well..i did a lot of looking..and found some wood grain steering wheels on ebay, but they mostly only offer stick on dash kits..and most of those are the flat kits, with no 3-d molded pieces..so it depends on what you want..if you like mine..you prolly wouldnt like stick ons..my interior is ALL factory oem pieces..go to OEMDASH.COM to get more ideas..thats where i bought my stuff from..you sed them your piece and they add the finish of your choice..im very happy with them..let me know what you decide..good luck!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Love it, the one thing I can't stand about the TB though is the weird bubble surrounding the center vents, yukk.
I know and its next for the wood trim in mine..but i guess you gotta tear the whole main dash piece off to unscrew the vent surround..also passenger vent is held on by screws accessed by panel on side of dash when door is open..just havent been that excited bout tearing my interior apart again to do this..but the two vents and roof mounted console are the next three things i want to do in the blackwood trim..ill post pics when its done..thatll prolly be it then for the inside..

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
3 Posts
Wood Shifter

I've got the rainer wood shifter , but when I tried to install , it fixed well in the shifter but what about the screw hole(location) as you know the location different between the old style and the wooden(new style ) so what is your advice and how you install yours just screw it to the shifter bar or ...?:undecided

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I've got the rainer wood shifter , but when I tried to install , it fixed well in the shifter but what about the screw hole(location) as you know the location different between the old style and the wooden(new style ) so what is your advice and how you install yours just screw it to the shifter bar or ...?:undecided
bought mine on ebay from a dealer in michigan..according to the dealership my woodgrain shifter was factory equipment on 04-05 rainiers without stabilitrak, which i dont have on my trailblazer..my shifter worked perfect as a direct replacement for my old shifter..it fit as it should..all i had to do was simply tighten the screw on the back as tight as i could get it...it was different from my old shifter but it works fine with no problems, just tighten it as best as you can..good luck, has worked very good for me..have any pics?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts