Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, hope someone can give me a hand here. I have an 08 4.2 trailblazer that is not starting consistently. What happens is when you turn the key to on and the dash lights up. Turn to start..... nothing. No clicking no cranking. Try 4 or 5 times from off to start and it might start. Or wiggle/tap the shifter a couple. Also if I shift it to neutral it might start. I think it might be the Starter but I'm not 100. Any ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_denali
75 Posts
Sounds like the Park/Neutral switch. "Moving the shifter" points me at that. I'm not sure how these trucks incorporate that function but that is the first thing that comes to mind.
Mark

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
6 Posts
Hi all, hope someone can give me a hand here. I have an 08 4.2 trailblazer that is not starting consistently. What happens is when you turn the key to on and the dash lights up. Turn to start..... nothing. No clicking no cranking. Try 4 or 5 times from off to start and it might start. Or wiggle/tap the shifter a couple. Also if I shift it to neutral it might start. I think it might be the Starter but I'm not 100. Any ideas?

Thanks
Easiest way to test PNP is to remove starter relay and run a jumper wire between the two terminals on the right when facing the fuse box from the left fender. Plug the relay back in to hold it in place. If it starts your problem is the PNP not sending power to the relay.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts