Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 Trailblazer 2WD LS 6CYL

Bought this Trailblazer two Saturday's ago, got it home and voila! Didn't see it coming, car seemed well cared for and clean when we bought it. A number of issues have arisen. At the time I'm trying to solve this:

Intermittent issues with key not removing and gear shifter being stuck in park became permanent after I disconnected the battery to replace the ignition switch. That did not fix it. Then replaced the Shift Interlock Solenoid. No dice. I've searched for blown fuses. All looks good. Break lights do work so I'm thinking not the break switch? Blinkers don't work, flasher don't work. AC compressor provides cold air, blower now does not work on any setting. It worked on all but settings "4" when we bought it.

Right now I'm using both the override buttons for the ignition key release and shifter release on the solenoid to get around.

PROMISE, I'll post the solution if I can get some answers. Hate it when you find people with similar issues from years ago and the thread dies before you find out the solution.

Thanks. From Davis, OK.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Lose Ground

So as promised. Hopefully this helps some other poor soul.

My problem was solved by a loose ground, #201 under the radio stack, to the passenger side and behind the vertical carpet facade. If your key won't come out of the ignition, you can't shift from park and you are having some electrical issues such as no blinkers or dash lights or interior HVAC fan, then check this ground.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts