Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
61 - 80 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
OK ---- let's see if anyone knows what the flat-red handled tool in the center-bottom ---- with the "U-shaped" slot and it's bent in a crazy angle --- is --- anyone know?

<I do!>

View attachment 59553

Thats like showing a picture of a screw driver and asking what its for, lol. Its for whatever it woks on. It looks like it could be for disconnecting STC fittings.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
She has been crowd sourcing troubleshooting and two people think that it's cluster related, but I'm not sure. Since it needs to be repaired regardless, she may as well send it in.

·
Premium Member
'05 Chevy TB EXT
5,671 Posts
i suggest you open the fob and remove the battery .. and if there's another fob --- do the same thing. .... then try to start the vehicle.
I already suggested that in Post #9.

I make the same mistake sometimes.

I was wrong once too. Ya see, I thought I was wrong once upon a time, but I was totally wrong: I was really right!

Go figger, huh?

·
Registered
2006 chevy
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
i suggest you open the fob and remove the battery .. and if there's another fob --- do the same thing. .... then try to start the vehicle.
If she does this and it starts, does this mean the fob is bad? Could it be sending a wonky signal that is throwing things off?

I hate to try to poke holes in theories of people trying to help, but it is part of my troubleshooting "system".

·
Registered
2006 chevy
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
No. If you remove the battery that will end the possibility of the fob interfering with starting the vehicle.
Well, no movement on fixing this issue, but I have a bit of an update on the cluster.

First, for anyone that may still be unsure, the cluster fix shop said that there is zero interface between the cluster and the start system. We had already established that, but I just wanted to throw that out there.

Second, she has sent the cluster in and there are serial data bus problems, but sometimes those problems are in the cluster, sometimes they are in the car. And to make it extra fun, sometimes it's in the processor of the cluster which apparently cannot be fixed and the only way to find out is to repair the serial data issues that can be fixed in the cluster and put it back in. If the problem persists, it's the processor or the car and high level diagno$i$ is needed. The good thing is that if it needs to be replaced, the cost of the repair would go towards the replacement.

So, unless anyone has any suggestions on common serial data issues on the car side, if the cluster doesn't fix it, she may just let'er buck.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
I got a message from her today. This is what I'm up against.

somebody told me to do this on my car (regarding the no start issue)
"check the coil wire from the distributor to the coil"

Insert facepalm here.

She doesn't know anything about cars and that's fine. And she is crowdsourcing this and THATS fine.

But when someone comes to me and says that their "whatever" doesn't start, I begin by asking if it cranks but doesn't start or if it doesn't crank.

I told her that if this was a 1980s car and it would crank but not start, that is something to check.

Sigh... give me strength...

I'm glad that she is asking about these things though. It shows that she is trying and that she trusts my advice.

·
Premium Member
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
3,240 Posts
Oh how I understand! Hang in there!

·
Premium Member
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
3,240 Posts
I'm not sure either to be honest with you.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
Post count = 76.

Solution?

Not yet.
Time spent with the car: two hours.

Her and I wish that we were able to afford the fuel and time for us to get together and work on it, but unfortunately for all involved, that is very difficult. Right now I have a test cluster to test that issue, but it won't do anything for the start issue.

·
Premium Member
'05 Chevy TB EXT
5,671 Posts
Time spent with the car: two hours.

Her and I wish that we were able to afford the fuel and time for us to get together and work on it, but unfortunately for all involved, that is very difficult. Right now I have a test cluster to test that issue, but it won't do anything for the start issue.
Gud enuff!

I was hoping there wasn't a funeral involved and we lost a member --- that's all.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
Gud enuff!

I was hoping there wasn't a funeral involved and we lost a member --- that's all.
At least we have a plan now. I have a test cluster to sort that issue and I will go meet her next Saturday and throw that in. Then I will start digging into grounds. I have a BUNCH of stuff that I have printed from the manual and I will go over as much of it as I can.

61 - 80 of 82 Posts