Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i wish i would have discovered this site before i bought our TB. after a week of browsing on here i learned about the G80 diff. and what gears would be prefferable for towing. i looks in the glove compartment last night and it doesn't have the G80 differential and i have 3.42 gears. kind of dissapointed but what do you do. the only thing i use it for towing is my snowmobiles which aren't really heavy but it is in the winter with ice and snow all the time.

sorry for the vent.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,708 Posts
Welcome to the site. G80 is nice to have but you do have 4X4 and with good ice/snow tires you should be ok. Just be careful.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
967 Posts
The 3:42's will be fine for towing snowmobiles. I have 3:42s and I've towed my TT in the mountains with out any trouble. Yea, lower gears are more desirable, but the 3:42s aren't really a problem.

·
Registered
2007 buick rainier
661 Posts
I have been towing my two sleds and 8.5 x 10 Floe trailer with a fwd minivan without issue. The TB will be a dream. I can't wait to tow them with the Rainier.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
79 Posts
I have 3.42's and I tow 4200lbs... it does the job. Also, I can go a little faster on the highway and keep the R's under VVT to give me better mileage. I got 13.1 the last time I trailered, 300 miles round trip, through the hills of upstate NY. :thumbsup: (I also have a PCMforLESS tune.)

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
5,268 Posts
:thumbsup:The 3:42s get better fuel mileage too!
on the highway they do...
in city--- Ive read that you have to gas it a little more to go...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts