Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
2,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone near Waukesha WI

Will be in Waukesha for awhile over Christmas break. I am sure ill have a little down time to get away for a bit, was checking to see if anyone is close to the area to possibly meet up with.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll be in Oshkosh which is a little over an hour north. I'd buzz down to see you but I don't know how much crap my wife has planned for us to do while we're there!
I hear ya, not sure what all ill be doing either. Just figured if anyone was near by that we could possibly meet up sometime. Will be making it through Nebraska as well shortly after Christmas on our way to Vail to do some skiing. Will be stuck on I80 all the way through Iowa and Nebraska. Putting on about 3800 miles over Christmas break. 800 on mine for Wis, and 3000 on my buddies for our Vail trip :bonk:.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well thats the other thing, we are driving non stop from MI to CO. I will be leaving Wis early on the 26th, coming back to MI. Then later that same day meeting up with my buddies in MI, turning around, and driving to CO. On our way back is another non stop trip except for something to eat at some point. Besides, the TB of my buddies is completely unmodded, and really wouldn't be worth taking to a meet.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
10,765 Posts
I hear ya, not sure what all ill be doing either. Just figured if anyone was near by that we could possibly meet up sometime. Will be making it through Nebraska as well shortly after Christmas on our way to Vail to do some skiing. Will be stuck on I80 all the way through Iowa and Nebraska. Putting on about 3800 miles over Christmas break. 800 on mine for Wis, and 3000 on my buddies for our Vail trip :bonk:.
Sounds fun!

I drove from Omaha to Grand Rapids back in June. Not a bad drive but I-80 across Iowa and Nebraska is nothing short of MIND NUMBING!!

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sounds fun!

I drove from Omaha to Grand Rapids back in June. Not a bad drive but I-80 across Iowa and Nebraska is nothing short of MIND NUMBING!!
Mind numbing for sure :bonk:

I live in pewaukee 5 min from waukesha .... meet up for a drink or something
Could be a possibility

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I-80 W from IL to NY is infinity times worse

you should stop by and meet the Chi-town crew. Do you pass up Six Flags Great America on I-94 on your way up?
Ya, we pass six flags and gurne mills I think it is called on our way. It is exactly one hour to my destination from there.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
10,765 Posts
I-80 W from IL to NY is infinity times worse

you should stop by and meet the Chi-town crew. Do you pass up Six Flags Great America on I-94 on your way up?
NE to OH is as far as I've personally gone on I-80 east but it sucked!!

When we drive to my inlaws in Oshkosh we actually never go through IL. We take 80 east to 380 North just before Iowa City then bypass around the SE/E side of Cedar Rapids. We catch Hwy 151 on the NE corner of CR and take that all the way to Fond du Lac WI. Then take hwy 41 north to Oshkosh.
Once Hwy 151 4-lane was finished, that became the best route. We used to go through MN and had some 2-lanes which sucked.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow, well after a good 12 hours we finally made it :sleepy:. That is about 5 hours longer than it needed to take. Traffic was horrible, and the roads were the worst I have ever driven on. Black ice from start to finish in Mich, then Indiana seemed to be just fine and could finally go the speed limit. Although, by the time we got to Chi town it was rush hour, and the snails pase started again :suicide:. Oh well, at least we made it safe :woohoo:

·
Banned
2005 gmc envoy_sle
3,307 Posts
with the warm weather about here and meets starting up, i'd like to get an idea of how many active wisconsin members are out there..Lets hear from you guys,, maybe we can convoy over to a meet or 2 this summer and a possible get together here.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.