Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have 2004 trailblazer and i wanna replace my stock head unit, i went to best buy earlier and they told me the wiring harness was 120 bucks. Is this the regular price for a wiring harness? The one for my 1st car was 20 bucks, is there a place i can find one cheaper?\

No, i dont have either bose or onstar, i just wanna hook up a new head unit.

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
76 Posts
I paid $120 for mine when i put my Pioneer DEH-6000UB head unit in because i still have Onstar. So that price is about right. I should have bought the cheapo one but hey you live and learn and then you get Luvs...haha :crackup:

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
215 Posts
Hi I just installed my Sony explode head unit. I used the metra LC-gmrc-01 wiring harness. It works great no complaints this unit has been improved the casing is much better than they use to be. This is for TB that do not have onstar or bose system. Witch is fine since you said you don't have that anyways. It will retain your chimes and give you a switched 12v power supply. I'm very pleased with it the chimes have a slightly different chime but the are very close. Best part I found mine on Ebay for 40 bucks check it out.....:thumbsup:

·
Banned
2005 chevy
6,469 Posts
I initially bought my harness from Best Buy too, and it was $100 back in June, so I guess they've gone up a bit. Mine was defective so I took it back and just hard wired everything (the chimes/onstar/etc weren't a big deal) I'm looking to get a new HU pretty soon, might wait until day after thanksgiving for some good sales.

Looking on the Crutchfield website, for any of the HU's I was looking at and added to my cart, they were willing to throw in the adapter for $50 instead of the regular price. So maybe that's a better option for you?

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
3 Posts
wiring radio problems

I bought used 2004 Trailblazer has onstar but person before me put new system he hacked two wires in harness on drivers side rocker panel. They are gray and blue ran wires to new hu. He ran a wire from rear under seat fuse box r wiper I believe this hot wire goes to the hu. I have not figured how to take the hu out to see what else I in there. I have unknown driver and or complete power lose and ignition locks key in ignition switch. So tired need help.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
10 Posts
Gmco if not wanting the on star works fine if u use a regular harness you will loose door chimes.etc. you will also need to run a wire to acc brown at ign for acc turn on. Need to fuse this wire also.

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
26 Posts
Gm2000a

I put a Sony in my 2008 Blazer LT using a GM2000A. I made the mistake of getting the kit at walmart and I had to modify it to fit. I could have returned it, but I had already clipped a couple of tabs to get it into the dash and realizing it didn't line up. I have never had OnStar, so it wasn't a loss for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts