Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so my axxis gmos 01 burnt up for whatever reason I dont know but I bought a cheap metra just to have my head unit working. I used the red acc. power wire and hooked it up to the big pink wire under the steering column and I notice my dash lights dim with the bass when I have it cranked up but my voltage stays above 13.5 volts. I dont think my head lights really dim at all. Does anyone know what could be going on? I'm thinking it is something to do with that pink wire. and befor with the gmos installed nothing dimmed at all.

I do have a 300 amp alt and a new redtop just to let you guys know.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
You're drawing all the power through the ignition switch now, and those puppies are notorious for failing even on a good day. The dimming is evidence of excessive voltage drop across the ignition switch contacts, which causes heat, which will end up killing it. Was the previous adapter rated for the current your system demanded? The ignition switch isn't, I'm sure.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Yes the gmos 01 worked fine with no issues I'm going into town to buy another $100.00 gmos. Whats the difference between the gmos 01 and the gmos 04? they both I used the gmos 01 and it worked fine but I see the gmos 04 has my tb listed to work with that also?

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
497 Posts
Thanks Yes the gmos 01 worked fine with no issues I'm going into town to buy another $100.00 gmos. Whats the difference between the gmos 01 and the gmos 04? they both I used the gmos 01 and it worked fine but I see the gmos 04 has my tb listed to work with that also?
GMOS-01 is for non-amplified vehicles. (non-bose)
GMOS-04 is for amplified vehicles (BOSE)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts