Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,

Redheaded stepchild here - 2009 Saab 9-7x 4.2

Front washer is not working. Changed the pump and no luck. Switched connector with the rear washer and the pump works fine. Stuck with pushing the rear washer button to wash the windshield. Also the rear wiper engages with wash button and drags across the rear window DRY!

Deducing the wiring is bad. Hoping someone on the board has had this happen and knows how to fix it!

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
'05 Chevy TB EXT
4,647 Posts
Usually the Multifunction Switch fails ... but you've got an odd dynamic here when you switch the pumps around.

No ... I take it back ---> the rear Washer Control is on the dash (right?) and the front Washer Control is on the stalk (right?)

My original thought stands ----> the Multifunction Switch has failed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Usually the Multifunction Switch fails ... but you've got an odd dynamic here when you switch the pumps around.

No ... I take it back ---> the rear Washer Control is on the dash (right?) and the front Washer Control is on the stalk (right?)

My original thought stands ----> the Multifunction Switch has failed.
I replaced that too. Saab only part of course. but it didn't solve the issue. I saw another thread about this on here and i will try to clean the sprayer. Looks clean at first glance but there could be a clog farther down the line or maybe a dry rot or kinked line as well.

thanks for the reply.

·
Premium Member
'05 Chevy TB EXT
4,647 Posts
I replaced that too. Saab only part of course. but it didn't solve the issue. I saw another thread about this on here and i will try to clean the sprayer. Looks clean at first glance but there could be a clog farther down the line or maybe a dry rot or kinked line as well.

thanks for the reply.
Swap the lines from the front pump to the rear window lines.

If it works, then you've got the right idea.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts