Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt_xl
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't we all love driving to work and then hearing that "tick" on the windshield. I had a nice star crack in the windshield, about the size of a 50 cent piece. Bear in mind I am in Germany, glass repair shops are not all around. I begin searching for one within a few miles. I happen to find CarGlass, 10 minutes away. I go there to see if they can repair it, they warn me it could crack even more. Had to sign a form saying yeah ok it might get worse. What more could go wrong anyways, I had to file an insurance claim anyways. Well it cracked even more!!!

So I began the process of filing claim, and the German car glass firm began searching for a US spec windshield with rain sensor. One was found, and today was installed. Here is a few pictures, also is the final bill. See the difference in price from USA to Europe. I was looking into some of the old threads about windshield replacement being way less than $500. I have a $200 deductible!!! Sorry for the chicken scratch handwriting.

AND THE BILL!!!!!

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
2,461 Posts
Wow, that sucks. I had to replace mine last year. The company the insurance had me go through came right out to the house on the weekend and swapped it out for me for the price of on the house. Windshield replacement is fully covered with no need to pay a deductible for that. Otherwise I do have a 5 hundo deductible for anything else. Pretty good for only paying $48 a month

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt_xl
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will pay the $200 deductible all day long!!!! I really did not care what the final bill was, it just shocked me. Also 2 days before the crack, my insurance was renewed with a 5% discount for no claims for the year!!! :woot:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts