Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all.

So I just discovered today that there appears to be a leak, from what I can guess is either from the door seal or the windshield on the drivers side.

It appears as a wet spot in the fabric ceiling, just at the point where the fabric meets the plastic in the divider between the door and the windshield. There is even a damp spot where the sun visor is bolted to the ceiling. The leak seems to start there, go down that support, outside and inside of it, drip down past the windshield heater vent on the side of the dash and continues down, onto and past the hood release lever and pools on the floor with a damp spot.

I have had my windshield replaced once, maybe 2-3 years ago? I had also noticed maybe a month-6 weeks ago, condensation on the driver's sun visor mirror and the plastic cover you flip up to see the mirror. So it could be related. It had been below freezing for the last few weeks, and today was the first good amount of genuine rain, (rather than snow) that we've had in a few weeks.

HELP :thx :confused:

Here's a photo:
car leak by crank9802, on Flickr

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sunroof Drain tube?

If you have a sunroof, the drain tube may be clogged.
Please explain? Is this something I can fix by simply seeing if a leaf or some such is stuck in there? How do I know the draintube to inspect it? Where on the sunroof is it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts