Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never bought Those tinted window visors before but i have bought the hood big deflector.
my truck has three rows of seats ( i took out last row) i believe its a 04 chevy trilblazer not sure if its EXT? i dont even know what that means.

Ok, so i am just learning there is two types: Tape on and In channel.

I am thinking in channel would be a smater move then silly tape (i hate tape on vehicles).

I found this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/02-06-CHEVY-TRAILBLAZER-4D-IN-C-SMOKE-WINDOW-VENT-VISOR-/250560082679?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A2004|Make%3AChevrolet|Model%3ATrailblazer&hash=item3a568b72f7&vxp=mtr

I don't really want to spend more then $40.00 and i know you get what you pay for.

So here is the deal i have done a google search on In channel visors and some say the power windows can be a problem?...:confused:

Please let me know thank you.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle
122 Posts
I have in channel on my 04 and 06 and no problems with power windows - I paid $49 for mine but they were AVS Brand Auto Ventshade - I did not want to take a chance with a brand I did not recognize so I paid a little more for AVS to be sure I would have a no hassle install - I had AVS on previous vehicles and they fit well and lasted many years - I was afraid a no name might be thinner material or maybe not as wide or whatever - with AVS I knew what I was getting.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have in channel on my 04 and 06 and no problems with power windows - I paid $49 for mine but they were AVS Brand Auto Ventshade - I did not want to take a chance with a brand I did not recognize so I paid a little more for AVS to be sure I would have a no hassle install - I had AVS on previous vehicles and they fit well and lasted many years - I was afraid a no name might be thinner material or maybe not as wide or whatever - with AVS I knew what I was getting.
Good evening. Thank you for the reply. I went ahead and purchased the ones posted in the first post. Ill report back here on how well they fit...I got the in channel because it just seemed more relyable.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
13 Posts
I have the 3m tape type because the Autozone here stocks them. I have had the tape type on other vehicles also without any problems. And yes the extra Seat is the EXT. model. It's approx. 12-15inches longer than the regular model.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the 3m tape type because the Autozone here stocks them. I have had the tape type on other vehicles also without any problems. And yes the extra Seat is the EXT. model. It's approx. 12-15inches longer than the regular model.
How much were they at autozone ? And were they universal fit type ? Thanks for letting me know that the ext model is the one I have. I wish I had the SS

·
Registered
13 Posts
They are model specific at Autozone ,and around $55. SS are nice but with high fuel cost I don't need one of them! Lol

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They are model specific at Autozone ,and around $55. SS are nice but with high fuel cost I don't need one of them! Lol
I payed 38.00 shipped after tax. Should be here tmrw or Thursday will see how well they fit since there "in-channel".

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Here is some photos:

The instructions were not much help, but i think i did it right, it only took 5min to install and i left the windows up for 5 hours just so it sticks well and I did not use the provided alcohol pads. One thing i don't like is that the space between the visor and windows is less then an inch...I could fix that but i really am thinking that these would really let less water in then ones that stuck on the outside...( I'd like to see a close up of how the outer stick on's look). All in all so far I am happy. They do make noise at 75+ MPH, but even the bug guard on the hood makes noise and the two VHF antennas on the roof "sounds like a boeing engine inside the vehicle hehe".:thumbsup:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Looks good! Mine are very quiet at all speeds up to 80mph. I'm trying to decide if I want one for the sunroof. I also will purchase the back window deflecter to push wind down to keep the rear hatch and glass cleaner.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks good! Mine are very quiet at all speeds up to 80mph. I'm trying to decide if I want one for the sunroof. I also will purchase the back window deflecter to push wind down to keep the rear hatch and glass cleaner.
I wish I had a sunroof.

Do you have a photo of your visors. ? I just noticed on the rear visors that if I roll them down the visor jams the window from going up they didn't put tape on part so it blocks the window. I may have to go buy a roll of that 3m rubber tape to fix it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Update: the rear window visors had to be removed becuase they wouldnt allow the window to go up + these are very noisy.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle
122 Posts
Recheck your install instructions - I have a different brand of shields and not an ext but mine have the rear tab on the back windows on the outside - all of the shield is in channel except for a tab at the back that the instructions said must go outside - I missed that fact when I first looked but saw it after doing a test fit and re reading the instructions - that is why you didn't have double sided tape on that rear portion - see pics of mine

·
Registered
2007 saab 9_7x
63 Posts
I don't have the cheap knock off ones you bought OP, but my in channel rears work just fine and they are fully installed not half in half out like Donwkk's erroneous install.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't have the cheap knock off ones you bought OP, but my in channel rears work just fine and they are fully installed not half in half out like Donwkk's erroneous install.
How much was it and who makes them ?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Weathertech, $99 +tax for the set of 4.
That's expencive!

Yeap sure enough the rears have to be on the outside on the rear tab.
I removed the rears and just using the fronts. There very noisy but I can deal with the fronts. I think $34 shipped was a deal breaker IMO.

·
Registered
2007 saab 9_7x
63 Posts
As you said OP, you get what you pay for. In channel ones are more expensive than the ones like BadApple suggested, if budget was a concern I would have probably suggested those instead.

BadApple I have used the ones like yours before on another vehicle and I was quite happy with them. I skipped the sunroof one though, if you do get it be sure to share your experience on the forum. I have heard there are fitment issues with the onstar/xm antenna and the moonroof one so I haven't endeavored to try it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts