Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Gang,
I'm back with a new issue.

My driver door window switch unit began having a bad burning smell. In the driver door, I can now only operate my driver side mirror. The same switch is useless for the passenger door mirror.

Yesterday my horn DIDN'T work and today it does. I don't know what's going on or how these circuits may be connected or not. But this is getting frustrating.

So I'm writing to see if anyone else experienced wierd window switch issues and how they may have resolved them...Are these things plagued with electrical problems or is this just an isolated fluke?
Thanks,
Chris
PS I read somewhere that a guy paid $2800 just getting his fuel gauge to work again. I'm not sure if I'm going to be willing to spend that kind of money on this vehicle...I like my 07 Envoy but it may be headed to Craigslist or traded in.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Burning smells almost always indicate circuit board death. Often by allowing water to drip into the module. Start looking on Ebay or calling junkyards for an identical module to swap in.

The horn is unrelated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
The water makes sense: it was raining really hard and I had gone to lunch. When I opened the door raiin came into the interior. Too bad switches don't have a vapor barrier. I gyuess my problem is the switch.

It's no longer under factory warranty by mileage, but I have a (cough, cough worthless) 100,000 mile extended warranty supposedly with Gold Plus coverage but when I call they don't ever cover my complaint. So I always end up doing the work myself rather than pay the dealer $300 labor for a 10 minute job (IE my solenoid valve I posted about.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts