Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dont know if this is the right forum for this but i gotta vent.
last week someone smashed in my driver side rear passenger wing window.
ha no big deal right.... well it turns out that this window runs from 390.00 to 685.00 to replace. yeah and just a fyi that window is different on a standard wheelbase tb.
anyway if anyone else has had this problem i'd recommend going to the junkyard. i found the window for 125.00 and fixed it myself. it looks like it might be tricky but seriously if you can change your oil you can do this. make sure if you go the junkyard route or buy new SPECIFY EXT or STANDARD wheelbase.
anyway just had to vent i hope this thread may help somebody.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sorry to hear your troubles, be glad it wasn't the rear one, those are $1200...:suicide:
1200, guess i lucked out.
what aggrivates me is you don't know if you parked in the wrong part of town where crime is high, or if just that one night some kids were out smashin' windows for the fun of it. my wifes afraid to leave the tb outside.
messes with your head:(

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
138 Posts
Not to hijack your thread, but Thursday night / Friday morning some punk(s) smashed the drivers side window of the TB and stole the GPS unit off the dashboard. In the process of trying to smash the window they proceeded to throw the rock 3-4 times at the truck and managed to shatter the drivers side mirror, and put 2 nice size dents in the side of the TB.

Mind you I am in Virginia, and the Truck is in Illinois. I got the window fixed, (200 bucks), and will have to wait until the truck gets home to get the door and mirror fixed. I hope the body shop doesnt mess up to the point where you can tell the difference between the color of the drivers side door, and the rest of the truck... (fingers crossed)

I plan on calling Garmin on Monday to see if they can send a lock code to the GPS unit or figure out how to disable it so the punk(s) that stole it cant use it.

Needless to say I'm PI$$ED off...

Thanks for the time to vent.

Steve

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Got to love GM parts. Decent price plus about 30-50%. I'll usually check with a couple GM dealers that sell parts on line before I buy locally, especially if I'm the one paying for it. You just got to watch out for the shipping charges but I usually found them to be 10-20% cheaper.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
91 Posts
:hijacked Dang, I don't need to be reading this. I'm heading to a good friend of mine's for the night. It's...yea, the neighborhood is crappy all together with only street-side parking. Last time, a drunk driver missed my parked truck and drove up on the sidewalk. About a year before that, someone took a WIIIIDE left turn and smacked into the back driver corner of my friend's car and took off (of course). :hissy:

That sucks what happened to your car. :sadcry: I've had my S-10 broke into a couple times, and you're right, it does mess with your head :no:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.