Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I have my stereo with it's bass turned up my left rear window rattles and it is very annoying. Does anyone know how to fix this (without turning the bass down)?

· Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found the loose part.
It is the upper left hand corner and if I hold it it stops.

· Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
694 Posts
Are you talking about the rear cargo window or the rear side door window? If its the cargo window you probably are not hearing the glass rattle but the plastic moulding around the window. Take the moulding off and see if it still does it. If it doesnt then just try to find where it is rattling and put some insulation ( cotton balls work ) behind the molding between it and the window.

If it is the glass, you probably have a loose seal and there really isnt anything you can do about that unless you want to pay a glass tech to pull the window out and re-install it with a new seal.

· Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,405 Posts
From the information you have given us I am assuming that you are talking about the rear door. Try making sure the B pillar plastic is pushed in all the way, If it is move on to the door and work your way around it, pushing in. Push the plastic that outlines the door handle too. Also check under the seats and make sure there isnt something that is vibrating. I thought I had something wrong with my door and I've found all kinds of stuff under the seats that makes rattling sounds. Hope this helps. Also I really hope that you don't mount your amplifier INSIDE the enclosure.. Unless you want to see you're truck looking like this..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.