Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_slt_xl
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Y'all.

Recently bought my wife an '06 Envoy XL with a 4.2 L and 3.42 rear end(GU6 code).

I drive an F-350.

After reading numerous threads I have learned alot from everyone...Thank You!

I still have a bit of concern...we seem to be at the limit with our camper and want to ensure we're safe.

Camper (fleetwood pop-up) is 3800lbs, dry w/ electric brakes and we have a WD hitch.

The owner's manual (Envoy) says we're good to 5000lb. (about where we'll end up fully loaded).

Through everyone's advice and experiences we're looking at the following.

adding:

Tranny cooler, on the outlet side. (AutoZone B&M)
p3 brake controller (found one for $100 in san antonio)

So.....

Will this set-up be sufficient for long trips i.e. TX to Fl and back in the heat of the summer????

If I have overlooked anything, please advise.

Thanks in advance

pj

·
South Chapter
4,487 Posts
I would think so. I'm sure some others will chime in on this one. I tow a flatbed with mine, and have had no issues even while towing my S-10, but mine is the 5.3L V8 with 3.73 gears.

BTW, Welcome to TrailVoy!!!!! Enjoy your Ride!!!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
425 Posts
you will be fine with those mods and the fact that it is flat terrain is a plus. also may want to consider running synthetic oil. helps keep the engine cool. i have 3.42 gears and i tow my pop-up without a problem.

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_slt_xl
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
many thanks....

BTW, been using mobile 1 since it first came out. swap out immediately after every vehicle I buy (except my f350). have put more than 3 million miles on various vehicle without a single engine complaint.

I noticed that Mobile 1 also has tranny fluid...any feedback???

Thanks again...wouldn't want a good trip to go bad.

pj

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
i use royal purple everything they have tranny fluid, coolant additive, gear oil and thier oil is wonderful i love the stuff myself maybe check that stuff out if you want something real good

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
425 Posts
i use royal purple everything they have tranny fluid, coolant additive, gear oil and thier oil is wonderful i love the stuff myself maybe check that stuff out if you want something real good
:iagree:same here i use royal purple in all my vehicles.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts