Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_ls
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new to the site, hope this is posted in the right place...

I have a 2008 Chevy TrailBlazer with dual Accessory Power Outlets under the HVAC controls.*

Both are 'always on'.*

I use one for a Nulaxy Bluetooth FM Transmitter/MP3 Player (Max Working Current: 45mA), and the other for a Falcon Zero F360 Dash Cam (specs say the charger is 6 amps).

Do you think running both of these continuously even when the vehicle is not running will cause any problems with battery drain?*

The reason I prefer to leave them both powered on is that the dash cam also sort of acts as a surveillance camera, and the MP3 player resets completely if you pull it out of the power outlet (it has no power switch, plus its such a tight fit it requires 3 men and a boy to pull the thing out!).

My vehicle does sometimes sit a couple days at times without being started.

Thanks so much for your help!

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
2,607 Posts
The MP3 player shouldn't be a problem if left in a nonrunning vehicle for a few days. The dash cam may be a different story, I doubt that it draws 6A. If it draws 1 or 2A, it will draw the battery down in several days. The electronics in the truck draw about 0.15A when all is shut down.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

That's helpful to know, thanks.

The dash cam does have a power switch, so I'll just power it down manually.

It has front and rear facing cams and I liked the idea of using it for surveillance because I live near downtown and even though vandalism isn't rampant, it does happen.

By the way, is is it possible to rewire one or both of the accessory outlets to be powered on only in the ACC or engine on key positions?

Thanks again for your help!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks

Yup, I've been leaving them both plugged in and there has been no noticeable drain... Thanks for the help!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts