Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of 3" McGaughy's rear drop springs off of a 07 tahoe, and i was wondering if they will work on my 02 tb?
:thx

·
Banned
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
7,255 Posts
They might do the job of leveling out the rear, since the 07+ is supposed to fit. But you have to think, the stock springs give about 2.5" of lift, so their 3" drop would give about .5" on our platform.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,113 Posts
They might do the job of leveling out the rear, since the 07+ is supposed to fit. But you have to think, the stock springs give about 2.5" of lift, so their 3" drop would give about .5" on our platform.
:iagree:
our components are smaller than theirs...we have smaller vehicles, plus differnt payload levels, causing different spring compression levels :yes:

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,203 Posts
Well, McGaughy springs are usually on the 'soft' side, but that would be good for our trucks that are lighter than a Tahoe. Should be interesting, since they're most likely progressive springs and the OEM units usually are not. The non Z71 is a lighter spring, not quite as high to begin with, so I would expect somewhere around a 1" drop, give or take......it would be interesting to find out. I'd image it might ride smoother than the Z71 spring with no weight in the back also.

Give them a try, they should fit, just be sure to make measurements of the center wheel well before and after.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info. I didn't figure that I would get a 3" drop but I was wanting to level it out. Since it's not really that hard to do, I'm going ahead and changing them out this week. I just wanting to make sure the perch was right before hand.:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts