Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Ive been searchin on here for the last hour or so and decided to just go ahead and ask. I know OEM is P235 75R16 for tire size. Ive always been a big fan of Bf Goodrichs All Terrian T/A KO's but the clossest tire size i can find is LT235/70R16/C 104S. I know very little about sizing:duh: so im lookin for some help:hail:...so.. Will they fit?

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
269 Posts
So Ive been searchin on here for the last hour or so and decided to just go ahead and ask. I know OEM is P235 75R16 for tire size. Ive always been a big fan of Bf Goodrichs All Terrian T/A KO's but the clossest tire size i can find is LT235/70R16/C 104S. I know very little about sizing:duh: so im lookin for some help:hail:...so.. Will they fit?
what vehicle???
my stock sizing was 245/70R16...
The ones you want will fit but will be a bit small/narrow.
I'd go with at least the 245/70R16 or if that size isn't available, 255/70R16.
Both will fit without mods.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what vehicle???
my stock sizing was 245/70R16...
The ones you want will fit but will be a bit small/narrow.
I'd go with at least the 245/70R16 or if that size isn't available, 255/70R16.
Both will fit without mods.
They would be for my 06 TB. They are the original tire.

Now with those two other tire sizes, will this affect my speedometer at all?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Now with those two other tire sizes, will this affect my speedometer at all?

technically yes.
(besides size, different tires and tread depth will affect the total diameter of a tire, which entails a different reading with one full rotation on the wheel depending on size, covers more or less distance with the same rotation.)
will you really notice, no. :m2:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
technically yes.
(besides size, different tires and tread depth will affect the total diameter of a tire, which entails a different reading with one full rotation on the wheel depending on size, covers more or less distance with the same rotation.)
will you really notice, no. :m2:
I was just wondering. I know very little about sizing so i wasnt sure if it was that much of a difference. Thanks for your time and knowledge on the subject. Very Helpful. Thank You!!:thumbsup::tiphat

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
294 Posts
I went from stock to 265/70/17 which threw my speedo off by 5mph, so keep that in mind when you are driving. My speedo reads 65 mph now but i am passing everyone else so really i am doing 70-72 mph. I drove next to a friend while mine was at 35mph and his truck showed us doing 40 mph. Just a heads up. Yes, this is fixable with changes to your computer.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I went from stock to 265/70/17 which threw my speedo off by 5mph, so keep that in mind when you are driving. My speedo reads 65 mph now but i am passing everyone else so really i am doing 70-72 mph. I drove next to a friend while mine was at 35mph and his truck showed us doing 40 mph. Just a heads up. Yes, this is fixable with changes to your computer.
:iagree:

Same thing happened to me. Sent my PCM to PCMforLESS to have it adjusted.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Tire size change

I got a set of goodyear 265/70 r 17. for real good price. but the tire size on my envoy is 245/65 r17. Will it work or make that much of a difference? :undecided

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_sle
112 Posts
Biggest size you can run without spacers is ~30.5" which a 265/65/17 or 265/70/16 is...265/70/17 & 265/75/16 are ~31.7"...

Here's what little clearance I have running a 265/65/17...

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
41 Posts
265/ 75/ r16

how much room do you have in your wheel wells. was wanting to drop my rear 2-3" since I have 22's that I run In the summer months but was wondering if I will have enough room back there to run these in the winter.
Thanks

·
Banned
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
7,255 Posts
265/75/16 tire will require wheel spacers. Largest tir in the BFG AT you can fit without spacers will be 265/70/16. I had a used set on my truck without spacers and they fit with no modification. If you wanted to be safe, you could go with either 255/70/16 or 245/75/16. Both of which will fit without modification. May put your speedo off by 1-2 mph at 65mph, but you should otherwise see no changes.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Not to hijacked, but if I understand correctly I can run a 265/70R16 without any mods? I have 245/70R16 right and have run across a really good deal on some 265/70R16 bfg long trails.
Sorry for the hijack.

·
Registered
27 Posts
If I understand correctly I can run a 265/70R16 without any mods? I have 245/70R16 right and have run across a really good deal on some 265/70R16 bfg long trails.
Sorry for the hijack.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
6 Posts
Just to clarify here, this is all while using the stock wheels right?

I just put 22's on my truck with tires that equal about a 32" tall tire. (285/45-22)
didn't use wheel spacers & cleared the upper ball joint/knuckle (barely!)

A different offset wheel will help things clear a little easier...

Just another option for those who want to stick with a 16" or 17" wheel & want a bigger tire...

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
222 Posts
Tire Replacement

Generally the "size" is not the most important part, the weight rating is. In the 235/70R16 LR C you note the weight rating is 104 (at max air pressure of 50 psi). The problem being 235/75R16 Std load is 106 (at max air pressure of 35 psi). You can't make up the difference in weight carrying capacity, because the TB is at max air pressure rear - 35 psi (fronts are lower). Technically, you have created an unsafe vehicle. Some states allow insurance carriers to void their policies if the owner creates an unsafe vehicle. This is especially true in NJ, and when there is a plus size fitment they can be very stringent. So you should always meet or exceed the stock weight rating when replacing tires.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
105 Posts
I found a deal ($200 total) for brand new tires with stock Tahoe wheels from the dealership. The sets are 265/70-17. They look awesome. These are the factory wheels before they are replaced with the wheels they are sold with. I'm guessing these won't fit the trailblazer stock? If I read correctly, they WILL fit with spacers. Any idea on costs on spacers and where I could get them?

·
Banned
2006 chevy
1,659 Posts
I found a deal ($200 total) for brand new tires with stock Tahoe wheels from the dealership. The sets are 265/70-17. They look awesome. These are the factory wheels before they are replaced with the wheels they are sold with. I'm guessing these won't fit the trailblazer stock? If I read correctly, they WILL fit with spacers. Any idea on costs on spacers and where I could get them?
I think you'll need spacers and a lift. You'll still get everything cheaper than a new set of tires, and have a better looking truck :thumbsup:.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts