Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_sle
84 Posts
So I checked out the "ultimate will it fit guide" and it said nothing about a lift being needed to fit 265/70 R17 tires. It claims to only need spacers but I'm just wondering if any of you have past experiences with this and if it is a pain in the ass it is without a lift. Thanks.

Or even a 255/75 R17

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
3,329 Posts
So I checked out the "ultimate will it fit guide" and it said nothing about a lift being needed to fit 265/70 R17 tires. It claims to only need spacers but I'm just wondering if any of you have past experiences with this and if it is a pain in the ass it is without a lift. Thanks.
Did you miss the first post? Or just not understand it?

If someone, somewhere, somehow could come up with a sticky chart breaking down 'possible tire fit' by "Wheel Size", "Body Lift Needed?", "Suspension Lift Needed?", "Spacers Needed?" and "Custom Mods Needed?" those of us who aspire to go for lifts/tires may be able to quit asking about our specific setup (ahem...I have 16's, planning the BDS suspension lift, open to spacers, and am totally confused :crazy::duh:)...

As a bonus, does anybody have a good explanation of how height and width affect the need for spacers and lifts? too wide needs a spacer to clear the ball joint and a lift to keep from rubbing the wheel well on compression, and too tall needs a lift to keep from rubbing the wheel well on compression and spacers to keep from rubbing wheel well on turns? It looks like /75 is the beginning of spacer requirements, 275/16 and 275/17 starts to need a suspension lift, and 285+ needs both lifts? Am I on to anything here? :worried: I'll update as I can to keep bad info off the top of the thread...

Here's the information I could gather, assuming stock wheels :)hail:Thanks to Clayton and The Roadie!):

16"

265/75/16 - needs spacers

285/75/16 (33") - needs spacers, new wheels, suspension and body lifts, cutting/hammering to fit

17"

255/65/17 - OK w/ no lift, spacers, or mods

255/70/17 - needs upper ball joint mod, possible hammering to fit

255/75/17 - needs spacers, upper ball joint mod, possible hammering to fit

265/70/17 - needs spacers, upper ball joint mod, definite cutting/hammering to fit

285/70/17 (33") - needs spacers, new wheels, suspension and body lifts, cutting/hammering to fit

305/70/17 (34") takes all of the above, plus total dedication to being *the* tallest TB of us all. (JamesDub)

:thx:thx

They may not mention your specific sized tire, or its closest comparison NEEDING a lift... but you're talking a 33" tire with the 265/75/17... they make note of 265/70 needing modifcations... and that is a 32" tire.

And as far as 255/75/17... you're gonna need a lift too. I'm running that size with BDS 2" suspension lift in front, and I STILL rub...

Might want to take a peak over on the Off-Road forum, do lots of reading... :tiphat

EDIT: By the way... don't double post like that. You should have just edited your initial post.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts