Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Will A Hi-Lift Jack Fit Inside Cargo Area?

4K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  Fishsticks 
#1 ·
So I'm looking at getting a hi-lift jack and I really would like to avoid mounting it on the outside of my TB. Are these things too long to let it lay flat against the back of my rear seats? I also would prefer it not to be so large that it has to lay at an angle in the cargo area (I don't really see a need for me to go for the 60" so I'm just looking at a 48")

#8 ·
HiLifts are heavy... so if you must mount it off the floor I'd build some sort of stand that attached to the floor... maybe the front cargo hooks. Attaching anything to the seats will rip out after awhile IMO.

That thing's going to be a bear to unhook and get out when you're stuck and need it. If I were going to do mine inside, I'd just lay it on the floor like gordinho80.

#11 ·
Yep, not to mention the piddly hinges... and the sheet metal around the glass...

That's if the struts would even open the door... Hi-Lift weighs, what? 60#? I know I don't have to put 60# of pressure to lower the gate...

In fact, the only worse place than the liftgate to mount the hilift (other than suction cups to a window) would be to use self tapping screws and attach it to the plastic bumper cover...

Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.