Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title, my wife and I are taking a little driving vacation that will carry us into this chapter's part of the world.

We're leaving from Louisville, KY on Memorial Day, and will travel first to mid-Ohio, Millersburg, heart of Amish country. We'll spend a day and a night there exploring local cheese and specialty shops before heading to Niagara Falls, NY on Tuesday night. We'll be there until Thursday morning, when we leave for West Virginia (forget the town, but the U of WV is there). We'll leave from there Friday am, for the return trip to Kentucky.

Monday is already planned with a tour of the Amish country. On Tuesday, as we make our way to Niagara Falls, we'll be looking for some scenic area to stop for picnic lunch, and any interesting sights on the way.

While in Niagara Falls, we'll do the typical touristy stuff -- see the falls, perhaps ride the boat, etc. Anything else of interest (or to be avoided)?

When we leave Niagara Falls, we'll stop off at Corning, NY for a tour of the Corning Glass Museum, then on our way to WV. Again, we're looking for interesting local sights and places to picnic (we're avoiding restaurants except for dinner at night).

Chime in!

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why not hop across the border come see some of us crazy canadians :crazy:
I'd LOVE to, but there are all these passport issues these days. The Canadian side is preferred to the American side -- especially at the Falls. Unless I'm not understanding the issues, as it stands right now, I can get into Canada with a birth certificate and a picture driver's license, but I cannot get back into the USA with the same -- it requires a passport -- and we don't have the time to get ours before the trip.

BTW, I'm a fan of Canada. Been there several times, including Newfoundland. Great and beautiful country.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On your way up through Erie, PA....you could always hit some of the wineries for a tour & tasting!! tons of wineries there and beautiful country as well!!
That may be an option... Any in particular that you recommend? We're not "drinkers" in any sense of the word, but every once in a while, a small glass of wine is good with dinner.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
4,302 Posts
Hey there..I know you said you wre going to Ohio to the heart if the Amish comm....have you every checked into Shipshewana, Indiana? It's really easy to get too...right off 80/90. My oldest son's fam. originates there (yes, his dad is jerked over). I am actaually running out there to get him today...:eek:fftopic: But ne way it's a really neat place...all Amish....just a thought for a future visit maybe! :D Either way your bound to have some rockin' homemade meals! Have a great trip...post pics of the Falls...I haven't had the pleasure of visiting...yet!

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
314 Posts
you could always go to good old Hershey, PA very nice amusement park and chocolate tours. I always have fun goign as a kid and now with my kid

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
note the time to get to hershy; that i just down the road from Carlisle (the biggest meet of the year!!!!) hope you can make it to breakfast tomorrow
Breakfast looks good for tomorrow. I'll know more when I get to work in the morning -- if all hell is breaking loose, I'll have to miss, but if it is calm, I'll be there. I'm due for some comp time -- I've worked almost every day for the past 2 months straight, with only a couple days off -- worse, I'm salaried... :duh:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.