Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last night after leaving the park i noticed some sort of ticking noise what sounded like it was coming from the tires. if i were to jerk the wheel to the left you would briefly hear it until i drove down 2 blocks and completely stopped.

i know its not pebbles or anything cause i looked all over the tires, and if it were a pebble it usually sounds louder as i drive faster.

it almost sounded like i had a stick stuck in my wheel kind of.

so today after driving to work and back. i notice now it does it when i first drive the car and put my foot on the brake about 2 times. the first 2 times i brake you can hear it tick. then after that you won't hear it at all until i let it sit for a little bit.

but now if i try to jerk the wheel it won't do it.

what do you think this could be. it's very weird and i checked all under the car and didn't see any noticeable sticks or anything stuck.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol i have my 20' rims and tires on. but i actually just took my dad for a drive so he could hear it, and he heard it 2 times, before it went away. and he said it was coming from the front passenger side tire. so i took the middle cap off my rim and lubed it up and i will try driving in a little to see if that was it.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
If you turn the wheel all the way until the stop and drive in a circle, either in forward or reverse and you hear a "click" every revolution or twice a revolution it can be the CV joint. If you do not hear it driving in a left circle then do it in a right circle.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hmm okay so i have noticed it doesn't have anything to do with the brakes cause i heard it do it without braking when i first started driving the truck.

tomorrow i'm going to take the tire off and raise the front up to inspect. sounds like it is defiantly coming from the wheel. but i don't know what

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have exactly this problem, within the past month I have had new brakes and rotors all round and 2 x front wheel beari (not because of the tick, they just needed doing), will check the cap in the wheel though, that's a good place to start, but it's driving me bananas!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE....

TICKING NOISE FIXED

Okay, get this, the ticking noise that get progressively faster the faster you go, front end wheels - it's there all the time, constant, was NOT any kind of mechanical problem at all.

It was simply the lead wheel balencing weight come loose on the inside of the rim and was tapping the alloy rim as you go, that faster you go, the faster it ticked!

It had come so loose too, that the weight was sliding around the rim.

Fixed now though :0)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts