Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last year I bought a set of 6x5 1.50" spacers off Amazon. They work but obviously you get what you pay for because now I have a slight vibration on the highway. I've had all tires balanced so I know it's the spacers.

So before I plan to buy a more expensive set of spacers, I thought I'd check with the local experts here on trailvoy about buying wider rims instead. Is this even an option? Any suggestions?

All feedback welcomed! :) Thanks!

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ss_ls
88 Posts
So last year I bought a set of 6x5 1.50" spacers off Amazon. They work but obviously you get what you pay for because now I have a slight vibration on the highway. I've had all tires balanced so I know it's the spacers.

So before I plan to buy a more expensive set of spacers, I thought I'd check with the local experts here on trailvoy about buying wider rims instead. Is this even an option? Any suggestions?

All feedback welcomed! :) Thanks!
Only buy Bora spacers as they are wheel AND hub centric so not only are the lugs centering the wheel, but also the hub. Much less chance of getting vibrations etc because a wheel isn't centered.

https://www.motorsport-tech.com/special/truck/chevy_s

I got lucky and found a used set of 4 on craigslist for $145. They are Bora 1.5" spacers and fill out my rear and they look great. I have 245/75/16 and I am switching to 235/65/16 since they stick out a little too much in the front for my taste but I am also looking to shave 10lbs off each tire with the new set up

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! I'll definitely be sure that if I replace the spacers, that I go with these!

BUT - it is even possible to put wider RIMS on instead of spacers to widen the wheelbase that way?

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ss_ls
88 Posts
What are you trying to do? If you want to fill out the fenders as that is the problem with the Trailblazer, if you have stock rims 265 would be a good range to fill out the fenders but there will be some space left and that's why some use spacers as well to fill in these gaps. My 1.5" spacers all around and 245 are perfect as they diff fill put the fenders and stick out more in the front and the rear they stick out perfectly.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
122 Posts
I have spacers for my drag radials for my Pontiac. The reason I bought them is the offset makes the inside of the wheel hit the lower control arm.
I don't know what the offset or the width of the tb wheels cause I didn't have the need.
The incorrect offset is hard on the wheel bearings. If you want a wider tire, buy a wheel that's wider. There are lots of tire and wheel calculators on the net. For myself, there is no need to just push the wheel closer to the fenders.
There is a company in Nevada that makes quality spacers.
The company is:
Motorsport Tech.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess my question really boils down to whether or not I can get wider tires and/or rims INSTEAD of spacers to accomplish the same thing that the spacers are doing? I'd rather avoid spacers and fill out the wheel bay all the way to the fenders, but I don't know if that's possible without the spacers. I hope that makes sense. I didn't think I could fit wide enough tires on the stock rims to accomplish this, so I am assuming I'd need new rims AND new tires. But I don't know if that's possible?

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
122 Posts
Yes. You would need new rims and tires if you want to extend the tire closer to the fender. Using a plumb bob and a tape measure it's 1" in the front and 1 3/4" in the rear. A 1" spacer would leave me uncomfortable with thread engagement in the lugs. That leaves you with adapters. Those are over $100 per 2.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts