Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well? No one participates. It's full of misinformation and just plain wrong info. The admin don't give a **** about the place, only how much money they can bring in from the ads. So why hasn't this place been shut down? Everyone went to the BETTER SITE started by people who left this one when it went to crap.

So? Why haven't you shut this place down? There's no use for it. I posted here about my head removal and got a single response in 2 weeks. Smh. At the REAL trailblazer forum, I had multiple replies within MINUTES.

MINUTES.

Seriously. Just put this place out to pasture. Put it out of its misery already. Wtf. :confused:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
5 Posts
Im a very new member here so Im not sure what happens in this site yet but have seen what youre talking about kill other forums that I was a member of. First is when a question is asked, someones first respose is "use the search function". This alone will kill a forum because instead of asking, people will search and have no need for questioning or even being active. Another thing is misinformation as you stated and lack of there of as you also stated.
Personally, my TB is actually just being used as a third vehicle and to haul stuff around in. But Infomation to keep it running would be good to have in a few days.

·
Administrator
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
373 Posts
Hey guys,

We do apologize for any inconvenience and/or frustration you've come across on the forums. @midnightbluS10 - you could look at this as an opportunity to give us thread links, etc. to point out where there is wrong information posted. Is it content that members had posted up that is incorrect or something the admin team posted? How would you like the forums to be, or how should it be? Your feedback is appreciated and we apologize for the response time - it can vary from within different time frames. We do have a team that takes care of the site but we also look after many other sites as well so we respond as soon as we can. We thank you for your patience and understanding on this.

@GT100 - Welcome and thank you for joining the TrailVoy community! The reason people will say "Use the search function" is because your question is one that has been asked many times before so to prevent repetitious responses, you're best off spending an extra couple minutes to research your inquiry and 9/10, you will find your solution there. This is pointed out in the forum's general rules (within Announcements & Feedback > Site News > "Some General Rules") : http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=20996 please look at post #4, 2nd point.

That being said, if you cannot find what you are searching for, you can always PM us and we'll get back to you with a response as quick as we can.

Thank you guys. Cheers,
Natalie

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
19 Posts
ive mentioned this site is a couple quarts of oil shy of being full I also will be lookin 4 the new trailblazer forum :bonk:

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_sle_xl
1 Posts
You know, I was just going to ask about if this was still an active site anymore. After all, aren't all envoys 10 or more years old? Still Loving my GMC e as I do I was kind of hoping......see me and my voy on YouTube, disabled digger wv, I use my suv to its full potential, I plan to do a review on YouTube of my Envoy XL, very soon on my 11 year old E. .....DD.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
17 Posts
I'm a new member and just starting to do my own repair and maintenance. Hope this continues with support from experienced members. Cheers!

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
80 Posts
OMG,
Too much negativity. Come on fellows, lets all be civil. I have found some good information here and it has been helpful. I am a newbie. I would think that there is some information to be gleaned from this site for those that are interested. Just my thoughts. Best

·
Administrator
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
373 Posts
As Nat mentioned, let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions on some things we can look at doing to help the site, or your time here.

- Jb

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle_xl
1 Posts
Still a good site

You know, I was just going to ask about if this was still an active site anymore. After all, aren't all envoys 10 or more years old? Still Loving my GMC e as I do I was kind of hoping......see me and my voy on YouTube, disabled digger wv, I use my suv to its full potential, I plan to do a review on YouTube of my Envoy XL, very soon on my 11 year old E. .....DD.
Disabled Digger makes an excellent point. The Envoys and Trailblazers are all old enough that fewer and fewer people will keep them going, and as a result, there will be fewer owners with the knowledge or desire to keep this a top tier forum. But like some of the others, I've picked up some great info here. Even if the info isn't always spot on, I appreciate some of the anecdotal information from other owners, because it helps me zero in on issues, rule out the causes of things, etc. Let's keep it chugging along, like our old GM babies.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Site still has value!

Hi, I recently got a used 2005 Trailblazer, and this site is an awesome resource for diagnosing and narrowing in on issues I am having. I also helps me to understand what the repair shop is telling me. So, thanks! G

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have found a lot of useful info on this site, and enjoy coming to it and seeing the different stuff that is posted. Sometimes I might even be helpful.

Gene:)

·
Registered
chevy trailblazer_ls
4 Posts
I am fairly new to trailvoy as well, but, if you are using this site in place of a GMC/CHEVY OEM service manual,......well then, in that may be where the problem lies. Like any forum, you have to filter through all opinions and experiences, and come up with the best scenario, that works for you, if you have ever taken an ASE, you will find they often say, " technician A says.......... bla bla bla
technician B says............bla bla bla
Which one is right?
You will find forums are really that way as well.
I suggest a service manual, and if you have trouble understanding that, refer to a forum for help.

·
Registered
10 Posts
There's a lot of good info in these pages for ppl who use the search engine,..but on the other hand, there are very few active members that know anything or care to participate,..they've all gone elsewhere,..and I don't blame them. Sites like this are started by enthusiast of the sport,..when taken over by a bunch un-knowledgeable inter'neters who are only concerned with profits,...it goes down hill fast,..seen it many times on other sites.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Well, fortunately, I do know my way around vehicles, as a former ASE mechanic, and having owned plenty of vehicles that I did all the work on myself over the last 50 years of ownership. I can work on anything from motorcycles to helicopters, and the first thing I do when I buy a vehicle is get a service manual and a owners manual. But I still enjoy a good forum, simply because some folks have found better ways to fix something that the service manual or just looking at it doesn't explain, and although nobody in my opinion is a expert on anything, there are some knowledgeable folks out there, who are not certified, but because they are smart enough to troubleshoot a problem and figure it out on their own. There are things that I will no longer do, due to my age and disabilities that come with it, but there are things that I don't mind a bit on doing. To each his own abilities and if you are unhappy with this forum, then there are others out there. Remember the newest Trailblazer is going on 9 years old. There are few forums for these vehicles, and yes this one is getting long in the tooth, but being it is 100% GM 360/370, it still has a lot of useful info on it that isn't too hard to find.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
105 Posts
Well, I can say personally, that I migrated over to "the other site", and I came back here, because I got sick and tired of "What else is in your garage?", "What did you park next to today?", "What's your weather like today?", "What did you have for dinner last night?".

I don't care if you hit the lottery or if your dog crapped on your carpet. If you want to talk about Trailvoys, then let's talk. Otherwise, dispense with all the other nonsense.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Well, I can say personally, that I migrated over to "the other site", and I came back here, because I got sick and tired of "What else is in your garage?", "What did you park next to today?", "What's your weather like today?", "What did you have for dinner last night?".

I don't care if you hit the lottery or if your dog crapped on your carpet. If you want to talk about Trailvoys, then let's talk. Otherwise, dispense with all the other nonsense.
I agree!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts