Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

541 - 560 of 578 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ltz
3 Posts
I've got the 2006 Trailblazer. First owner from 6 miles,and I now have 267k.
For those curious I have the ls with the 5.3 in it and I take care of my baby.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle_xl
13 Posts
2003 Envoy LE SLE 4.2

Bought in August 2017 186,000 $850
Two coil packs, all filters, plugs, all fluids, alignment, both drag links, d/s master switch, fan resistor, evap and vent selenoids, fan clutch and water pump, all four audio speakers, and fixed the three broken wires in the hinge at the rear hatch. :bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk:Money pit costs add up to approximately $1900! :sadcry:

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
41 Posts
2002 Envoy SLT

I got 201,589 miles...
I got it almost three years ago with 191,000.
The only mayor repair so far was a new rear differential last year.:woot:

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
83 Posts
2005 EXT LT 166,000 purchased new Aug 2005. Nothing major, brakes, shocks, struts, fan clutch, water pump, coils. Mostly expected at ths age.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
8 Posts
I bought my 2003 Trailblazer LT in 2012 with 162k and I’m currently riding at 296,676 miles. Shortly after buying it I had to rebuild the transmission, replace shocks and struts, 2 coil packs, all sway bar links, rebuild the gauge cluster, fan clutch, water pump, and radiator. Ran like new until last month when I had to replace the front differential, both wheel hubs, and the rack and pinion. While I had the front end town out, I replaced the motor mounts. Now it’s running and riding better than ever.

Attachments

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt_xl
29 Posts
I bought my 2003 Trailblazer LT in 2012 with 162k and I’m currently riding at 296,676 miles. Shortly after buying it I had to rebuild the transmission, replace shocks and struts, 2 coil packs, all sway bar links, rebuild the gauge cluster, fan clutch, water pump, and radiator. Ran like new until last month when I had to replace the front differential, both wheel hubs, and the rack and pinion. While I had the front end town out, I replaced the motor mounts. Now it’s running and riding better than ever.
Wow!!! Nice...I've done either myself or shop just about everything you've done. Except for the "tranny re-build"...hopefully, I can avoid that...since, I have no idea how to mess w/any tranny work and "da-man" will probably be costly...may not be worth the cost...fingers-crossed, I don't have to cross this bridge. Bought mine in new Nov 2002 (2003 EnvoyXL/SLT 6-cyl/4-WD) currently, just over 240K miles...the wife puts approx 50 miles a day on her...been doing that for about a year now, before that it was about 25 a day or even less for the previous 10 years. Recently, changed jobs now drives further. Back in 2003, I/we drove it from Fairbanks, Alaska to Orlando, Florida. It was an awesome trip and it was 5 of us, put over 10k on that trip. Today, its just the 2 of us...kids, all grown-up. :)

I was looking to get 20 yrs out of her, but I'm thinking about replacing her. Since, my wife drives much further daily for work. And its got some stupid things wrong, those things that's not really worth repairing. The important stuff is still churning. And I'm too spoiled with no vehicle payments and cheap liability ins. LOL

Looking forward to see you cross 300K, I don't recall anybody here posting that here. But, I'm sure somebody has proudly crossed that threshold. Maybe that will inspire me to push on to the 300k mark before retiring her. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Wow!!! Nice...I've done either myself or shop just about everything you've done. Except for the "tranny re-build"...hopefully, I can avoid that...since, I have no idea how to mess w/any tranny work and "da-man" will probably be costly...may not be worth the cost...fingers-crossed, I don't have to cross this bridge. Bought mine in Nov 2002 (EnvoyXL/SLT 6-cyl/4-WD) just over 240K miles...the wife puts approx 50 miles a day on her...been doing that for about a year now, before that it was about 25 a day or even less for the previous 10 years. Recently, changed jobs now drives further. Back in 2003, I/we drove it from Fairbanks, Alaska to Orlando, Florida. It was an awesome trip and it was 5 of us, put over 10k on that trip. Today, its just the 2 of us...kids, all grown-up. :)

I was looking to get 20 yrs out of her, but I'm thinking about replacing her. Since, my wife drives much further daily for work. And its got some stupid things wrong, those things that's not really worth repairing. The important stuff is still churning. And I'm too spoiled with no vehicle payments and cheap liability ins. LOL

Looking forward to see you cross 300K, I don't recall anybody here posting that here. But, I'm sure somebody has proudly crossed that threshold. Maybe that will inspire me to push on to the 300k mark before retiring her. :)
The tranny rebuild wasn't that bad, $1400 all in without so much as a hiccup after. I run milage up pretty quick, commuting 64 miles each way to Atlanta for work. All in all, its worth it for me. I wouldn't trade my TB for any SUV on the market today. She's been reliable and gets me to and from work. Honestly, its been the best vehicle ever owned, and I plan on driving her until she's dust. She won me over right after I bought her when Atlanta was hit with the ice/snow storm (Snowmagedden), I was one of the few in Atlanta that was able to freely drive around the city, while everyone else was stuck on I-85 for days. I just let a little air out of her tires, and nothing could stop her, even pulled a few cars back onto the road.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt_xl
29 Posts
The tranny rebuild wasn't that bad, $1400 all in without so much as a hiccup after. I run milage up pretty quick, commuting 64 miles each way to Atlanta for work. All in all, its worth it for me. I wouldn't trade my TB for any SUV on the market today. She's been reliable and gets me to and from work. Honestly, its been the best vehicle ever owned, and I plan on driving her until she's dust. She won me over right after I bought her when Atlanta was hit with the ice/snow storm (Snowmagedden), I was one of the few in Atlanta that was able to freely drive around the city, while everyone else was stuck on I-85 for days. I just let a little air out of her tires, and nothing could stop her, even pulled a few cars back onto the road.
LOL, I remember that Dec 2014 I think...small world, I live in Kathleen, Ga. About 100 mile south of Atlanta. (middle-georgia area).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Wow!!! Nice...I've done either myself or shop just about everything you've done. Except for the "tranny re-build"...hopefully, I can avoid that...since, I have no idea how to mess w/any tranny work and "da-man" will probably be costly...may not be worth the cost...fingers-crossed, I don't have to cross this bridge. Bought mine in new Nov 2002 (2003 EnvoyXL/SLT 6-cyl/4-WD) currently, just over 240K miles...the wife puts approx 50 miles a day on her...been doing that for about a year now, before that it was about 25 a day or even less for the previous 10 years. Recently, changed jobs now drives further. Back in 2003, I/we drove it from Fairbanks, Alaska to Orlando, Florida. It was an awesome trip and it was 5 of us, put over 10k on that trip. Today, its just the 2 of us...kids, all grown-up. :)

LOL, I remember that Dec 2014 I think...small world, I live in Kathleen, Ga. About 100 mile south of Atlanta. (middle-georgia area).
Small world indeed, I live in Calhoun in NW Georgia. That was a crazy time. I spend those few days driving stranded people home, and dropping off food and water for those stranded. LoL, I almost got stranded myself, I didn't know that I-85 had jammed until I drove up on it. Wound up U-turning and driving the wrong way and driving down an on ramp.

·
Registered
5 Posts
2003 trailblazer LT
199K, getting ready to trip 200K, bought it about 4 years ago, it had 167K.

only major repair was the tranny bout 3 years ago, a few minor issues but at that age it is expected.

Overall still a good looking truck for being 15 years old.

Long has you keep up the maintenance it should last.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt_xl
17 Posts
03 Envoy XL SLT 4.2L I6
211,585 miles
No dents or scratches, zero dings, zero rust. SUV looks like and drives like it has less than 50k pampered miles.
Tranny rebuilt at 205k ($2400)

With maintenance, these will last a very long time.

By DNA, I’m a Ford guy, but I will say this is the best vehichle Ive owned - ever.

541 - 560 of 578 Posts