Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so, whos got the sloppiest fluid coupling in here?? what you have, how do you like it, and what kind of results did you experience?
I have a Yank PT4400 thats gonna go in at the end of may, that should make it a pretty wild ride. Adding 4.10 front diff and may build a 12 bolt for the back over the summer, cause im sure this 8" is gonna blow!

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
really, no one on this forum has a stall??? if so, wow you guys are missing out hardcore, best mod you can do hands down

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,708 Posts
If you are putting it in the Envoy, are you going to build up the tranny? And how are you going to keep the transfer case together? At what RPM does the converter lock up, I hope it is not @ 4400.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im putting it in the envoy yes. The trans will get built when it starts to slip, which isnt likely at this power level. No problems with the transfer case, they are plenty strong to put 450whp through, and it locks up whenever i tell it to via PCM programming, every vehicle ive owned has had a high stall, its easy to manage

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
388 Posts
ide get a TC with a 6K stall if it was me:raspberry

·
Registered
2002 chevy
2,582 Posts
i swap my gears to 4.10 with a 3600 stall from yank. The BEST performance modification!:hail:

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
I seriously dont understand why anybody outside of an SS would want a Stall..

I6 doesnt make enough power to warrant a stall :weird:

·
Registered
2002 chevy
2,582 Posts
I seriously dont understand why anybody outside of an SS would want a Stall..

I6 doesnt make enough power to warrant a stall :weird:
How would you know? You never tried it before on an I6

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
15 Posts
stall

I thought I would throw my :m2: in.

The only purpose of a higher stall converter is to give the engine time to get close or at the sweet spot of rpm before the transmission start to engage to move the vehicle.

The I6 sweet spot is some where around 3200 rpm where peak torque is. If you have a converter that stalls at or around 3200 rpm the truck would launch hard. Which in turn puts alot of strain on things.

The way people use to test their stall is they would do a power brake and when the vehicle would start to want to go or would break lose the tires that was around the stall. The more torque you produce the higher the stall. ex. if you have a stock 350 pushing 250 ftlbs and a stall converter that is 2500 rpm it might only stall at 2200 rpm but if you put the same conveter behind a big block with 350 ftlbs it would stall more around 2500-2600 rpm.

When you cam a vehicle and have a stock stall converter it will launch sluggish you have to match the stall to the powerband of the engine.

Again this is my :m2:

My question is what is the stall in a stock I6 trailblazer. Most manufacturers put one with a stall that helps economy. I would guess 2300rpm maybe a little lower. Most stock chevy's with a 4l60e or 700r4 had a 1900-2000 stall rating, but those were pushrod motors not dohc.

·
Banned
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
42 Posts
I have a Circle-D 6 cylinder converter modified to stall at about 3000 rpm if anybody wants. Still in the box with a Corvette servo. $325 for local pickup/delivery.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts