Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have replaced your AC clutch bearing, what size bearing did you get? In a thread by Zubius, he replaced with a different size than is listed online (both at Rock Auto & Napa). Zubius gave me a tip for measuring what I need without doing the total disassemble, but my calipers are too fat to reach inside the space to measure. So I'm figuring on ordering 2 or 3 different sizes and returning the ones that don't fit so I only have to go through the process once.

So, what sizes has everyone who has done this had? If there are a couple popular sizes, I'll start with those.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
183 Posts
I did mine a month ago. I originally thought that the compressor had gone, so I ordered one from e-bay, then got everything apart and discovered it was only the bearing. So I swapped out the two clutches (this way I didn't have to drain and re-charge the syatem) There is a great thread on here as to how to change it out including the instruction and photo's. If you need the actual bearing number, let me know and I'll go out and check the old one I took off. I plan to change the old bearing out and put it back on the new compressor. So far all is well and thank god for that! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is a thread with a step-by-step, search can be your friend
Yep, I've already read that and made a reference to it in my OP. In this thread I'm asking what size bearing people have used since the step-by-step thread mentioned one size and 2 online parts places mention 2 other sizes. I'm wanting to see if there is a particular size that has been used more often than others so I can order that one and hope it is the size I need to minimize my down-time.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm beginning to suspect the same. So far, I've only read where 2 have replaced the bearing. Guess I'll be ordering multiple sizes and returning the ones I don't need.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.