Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Who has high miles on their TBSS, issues?

7K views 22 replies 20 participants last post by  JeSSter 
#1 ·
I just rolled over 28K on my 2006 TBSS, not extremely high for the year and no major issues. Still on the factory tires and brakes.

#3 ·
84k on my 07 ...every mile put on by me

I just put new struts and shocks on it ..along with EBC brakes

The only thing that I have ever had fixed was the trans with 8k on it... and a new AC delco battery a few weeks back

other then that nothing... I plan to have this TB a long time

#4 ·
I've put about 65k on my 07 TBSS. No major problems, except for the fuel gauge issue which happened around 50k and right from the get go the rear glass did not lock properly, which was fixed the first week I got her.

The front rotors were replaced around 35k, but the back rotors are still factory and were recently checked and were around 40%, so I am hoping the back rotors last until 100k or so.

I am planning to drop in a new battery before the end of the year.

"Fast Blue" has been very good to me and I am also going to keep her for a long time. :thumbsup:

#5 ·
I'm just the opposite with miles @ 12,000, but it's good to see you guys with higher miles enjoying a fairly trouble free ride. I feel very fortunate to be trouble free with all the mods I've done. I really enjoy owning this truck. :yes:

#7 ·
Woohoo Ive got maybe 3800mi on my 08 SS...my mom's driving it for another month then Ill bring it home with me to school (hopefully, for those that know what Ive been going through to get this dang truck...grrrr). Only engine mods are a very basic tune, just a little spark adjustment and shift stuff for now until I get a chance to throw my wideband in it off my 02.

#9 ·
I currently have 113,000 mile on my 2006 TBSS. I wish I could say trouble free. If you disregard the transmission, it hasn't been bad. I'm currently on my third transmission, it might be the charm. First, forward SPRAG went on original, then Dealer didn't put everything back together right and it was out of warranty so I went with RPM Level V. They mentioned that I should consider LEVEL VI since it has hardened output shaft. Since I didn't have any mods, I didn't think I'd need to spend the extra $500. I was wrong. That lesson cost more than $500, but RPM took good care of me. Now I have a Level VI. I am just ready to replace my second set of brakes (1st went 52K, second went 60K). They have gotten cheaper, but I've had to buy the rotors and brakes because the rotors were too wore to turn. 1st set cost $375, second set cost $235. Back brakes are still original. Fuel level sensor had to be replaced about 80K. Cost $114 for the part, did it myself. Driver's side axle seal went out about 105K, part cost $14, did it myself. Original tires made it to 62K, second set has about 40K, but tread is enough to get through winter. Driver's seat side panel broke loose and had to be replaced about 75K. Part cost $16, did it myself. I did switch the rear wiper to a Saab version (2007+), but the old one still worked. Other than that, replaced the spark plugs at 100K (they still looked pretty good), and I change the oil and filter at 10K intervals (AMSOIL) as well as the air filter. I do need to replace the anti-freeze (I'm a bit past 100K interval) and I might do the shocks, but they still feel pretty good.

I'm not sure how many have a TBSS past 100K, but there are not many.

JeSSter

#18 ·
Hey!

I have over 190,000 on mine and it still runs great! Take care of yours and do the periodic maintainance and yours should run forever too. Haven't had too many issues with it, but I did have to replace the transmission at 112,000 miles cause I tow an enclosed trailer but other than that its been all good. Best of luck with yours!

#23 ·
In November 2009 I had 113,000- Just went over 130,000 this week. I did put all new shocks (went with the HD version for the rears because the dealer only had the "black" replacements which are not Bilstien). Rides a bit stiffer, but not bad. Replaced the front and rear differential fluids (AMSOIL xtreme duty). If you replace, prepare to also replace all differential seals (1 rear, 3 front). Did them myself as the leaks appeared. What a pain! Did the rear brakes at 128,000. There was still a little bit left, but not much. Also put my third set of tires on at 115,000, there wasn't enough traction to get through winter here. Finally had the original windshield replaced last month, too may rock chips, and one ran across the windshield. I-75 is rock chip heaven in Michigan!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.