Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really want to put one in my Trailbazer. Its a real neat little gauge and can tell you all sorts of info.

My question is.. For those of you that have one.. Where did you mount it? I couldnt figure out anywhere to mount it besides on the pillar which I'm really not a big fan of. Where should I mount it?

Heres what it is for those of you wo havent ever heard of it before..
http://www.aeroforcetech.com/products_interceptor.html

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
303 Posts
I'm pretty sure a few of the SS guys have them. In the SS trucks, there isn't a 4wd knob where you have one, and it's a perfect spot to mount it. For the 4x4 guys, I have no idea.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
260 Posts
if u r vehicle is not 4wd then i suggest this place

·
Registered
2007 chevy
957 Posts
I have one in my SS. It is in the 4WD selector spot like others have said and done. If that is not available to you, you can buy a gauge pod I suppose and mount it somewhere.

Yes, you do need to get the model appropriate for your communications protocol in your truck as has been said. Some companies make devices that can handle several protocols and adapt, others have distinct models. Aeroforce has distinct models for CANBUS vs the previous protocol. They have an application guide to determine what is the right one.

I love my Aeroforce Interceptor! However, had I to do it over again, I might have opted for the PLX Devices one with the color organic LED display. It is similar in function but offers better display options. Not sure if it has the 0-60 mesaurement tracking stuff like Aeroforce though.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I tried a search but couldnt find anything. I looked through all the threads that came up too that seemed like they fit the topic of this thread. No luck though. :worried:

I have one in my SS. It is in the 4WD selector spot like others have said and done. If that is not available to you, you can buy a gauge pod I suppose and mount it somewhere.

Yes, you do need to get the model appropriate for your communications protocol in your truck as has been said. Some companies make devices that can handle several protocols and adapt, others have distinct models. Aeroforce has distinct models for CANBUS vs the previous protocol. They have an application guide to determine what is the right one.

I love my Aeroforce Interceptor! However, had I to do it over again, I might have opted for the PLX Devices one with the color organic LED display. It is similar in function but offers better display options. Not sure if it has the 0-60 mesaurement tracking stuff like Aeroforce though.
How accurate is the 0-60 and 1/4 mile times?

·
Registered
2007 chevy
957 Posts
How accurate is the 0-60 and 1/4 mile times?
As accurate as your speedometer/odometer is. It simply measues distance through time, so if your vehicle sensors measure distance accurately it should be very good. The time measurement I have full confidence is measured accurate enough as we have been doing good electronic time keeping for a long time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts