Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so since my trucks in the paintshop with some delays, figured ill try this out. so far i cut the perimeter of the housing, how deep do i have to cut it? or do i just cut it and stick it in the oven?

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
4,125 Posts
from what I've gathered you cut just deep enough to cut through the lens.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
from what I've gathered you cut just deep enough to cut through the lens.
so is it okay to stick in the oven? nothings loose yet and the pictures in the write up isnt really helpfull

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
cut 3/8th of an inch all the way around and in the middle where the grille goes..

oven sucks because GM uses a permanent sealant and takes forever (lots of cycles)

I used a variable temp heat gun set at 1150 degrees and just went back and forth sections at a time and started prying with a butter knife..

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
266 Posts
i know on fullsize trucks the oven trick works ive personally done it. but with tb headlights it didnt work. i just cut all the way thru and pried it open.

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
so is it okay to stick in the oven? nothings loose yet and the pictures in the write up isnt really helpfull
What I did to take my headlights apart is I cut around the housing with a dremel and stuck it in the oven for about 10min at 250 degrees Fahrenheit......it was soooo much easier to pull apart.........it worked for me.....thats :m2: good luck!!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the advice guys im gonna blast it with my heat gun that i found in the back of my closet today forgot i had one:duh: i gotta hurry picking up the truck on sunday.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
2,968 Posts
thanks for the advice guys im gonna blast it with my heat gun that i found in the back of my closet today forgot i had one:duh: i gotta hurry picking up the truck on sunday.
i love my heat gun.......

it comes in so handy....

i can't wait to see your truck.....it's gonna look cool

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
118 Posts
What exactly is the whistler mod?? I read through everything but still not very clear?:confused:

·
Banned
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
7,255 Posts
Click the above link. The very fist picture is a before and after on a white SS. I've done mine. Trust me, it makes a difference. If I ever become a vendor I will offer the services, but until then, good luck trying it out.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
4,009 Posts
i have that article in my favorites so why search? anyway even if you read the article it still does not say how deep to cut. that was my question.
Fair enough. I see that it does not really tell you how deep to cut. Sorry.

Chris

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
92 Posts
Do you have any pic on your final project??

Did you buy spares or use your factory set?

Just some info b/c I have wanted to do this for a long time.

MMFR

1 - 19 of 19 Posts