Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a little information about my car: '03 TB LTZ 64,00 miles. I recently replaced the spark plugs and fuel filter. When I started the car, there's a semi-loud whistling sound coming from the oil dipstick. When I lift the oil dipstick an inch or so, the whistling sound goes away. But when I push the dipstick down all the way, the whistling sound comes back.

Any ideas what could be wrong??
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
6,568 Posts
when u pull the dip stick up can u feel any vacuum or air pressure going in or out of the tube?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
when u pull the dip stick up can u feel any vacuum or air pressure going in or out of the tube?
Not sure. When I get off work tonight, I'll double check.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,708 Posts
When you replaced the plugs did you put the hoses etc. back on the intake pipes?

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
6,568 Posts
yea check all the hoses and see if u can feel any airflow from the 710 tube... sounds like u got a vac leak or something...

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
:iagree: Take the dipstick out and cover the hole with your finger or a vacuum gauge. You should feel suction. :m2:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea check all the hoses and see if u can feel any airflow from the 710 tube... sounds like u got a vac leak or something...
I'll double check all the hoses, etc. tonight. Hopefully it's just something minor. Thanks again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts